Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brake Caliper Woes

Re: Brake Caliper Woes

Slowly but surely it will be back. If not sell it before burning it.

I pray to go thats so Mike..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Navigator

so it's been a month, how's she driving?
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Much better but still not perfect.

I believe I have a slight radial pull from the tires as I went from 31s on 15's to 265s and 16" wheels. When braking it will still slightly pull, but only a little bit and when driving it doesnt pull anymore. However its one of those "its as good as it gets" scenarios. They aligned it perfect, checked everything known to man and there is nothing left really. We did conclude the rear axle is wrapping slightly due to worn out springs and at that point I stopped spending cash-could be part of the cause of the braking issue that still exists.

Honestly I kinda just accepted it as this is how its gonna be and thats it. If I had the cash Id look into a tundra or maybe an F series to replace it. I have 250k, its old and kinda beat up bodywise.

I GIVE UP! The MF truck has decided once again it wants to pulls to the left under braking and wants to follow road crown and ruts in the road.. It was ok for a bit after repair but now it pulls when braking to the left, IDK why everythings new. I had an expensive and very qualified shop check everything from top to bottom and they could find nothing wrong but the steering box and control arm bushings.

Hell, yesterday I had no issues I kept stopping and it seemed fine, no brake pull. Today it pulls.

1. alignment is good
    2. entire front brake system (lines, pads, rotors, calipers) and rear (besides line) is new. I even lubed the slide pins
    3. control arm bushings were replaced
    4. tires have been ruled out.
    5. new steering box
    6. Tie rods are fine, linkages fine, idler is new, pitman is pretty new, ball joints are new within like 5k, bearings are new within 10k. Everything is torqued good (i checked the other day), everything seems fine, no abnormal play.

Drive down a highly crowned road or pick up ruts and bingo it wants to follow them. Obviously somethings screwy with alignment Im thinking toe or castor.

Hit the brakes and it pulls left. I just dont understand. About all I can come up with is the pads are defective.. You can hit the brakes, it yanks left and then returns to centerif you let off.

UGH! Im GONNA SET IT ON FIRE TOMORROW!

Bummer man. It's almost like someone is playing a sick joke on you.

I swear its insane.

I drive to college today, pulls left all the time when braking. Even after only driving a few miles. Drive home, its barely doing it the entire time.. IDK I think the pads are junk. I have an extra set that came with loaded calipers Im gonna give a shot. Otherwise an F150 or something is starting to look nice these days.

Seem to have solved one problem. I swapped to an old set of pads I had used for a bit when i bought some loaded calipers. Also swapped front tires side to side.

Pull seems to not be there anymore but I need to drive it some more to be sure b/c I cleaned and lubed the slide pins. I also threw away the pad liners, every set of pads with those I had indents in and I wondered it the pads are hanging up or something.

Welp, Id say yea problem of pulling when braking is solved or so it seems. Pads musta been glazed over. Now new problems

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234