Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I did a mean thing today. :)

Re: I did a mean thing today. :)

I had to do my past cars too, in increasing order of fun.

29.9 lbs per HP - 1981 Honda Accord 75 hp / 2240 lbs
    29.3 lbs per HP - 1987 Toyota 4x4 pickup 116 hp / 3400 lbs
    24.1 lbs per HP - 1994 Toyota 4x4 V6 pickup 150 hp / 3625 lbs
    20.9 lbs per HP - 2000 4Runner V6 183 hp / 3830 lbs
    17.8 lbs per HP - 2012 Acura TSX 201 hp / 3585 lbs
    15.0 lbs per HP - 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo 222 hp / 3340 lbs
    13.9 lbs per HP - 2000 4Runner SC'd 275 hp / 3830 lbs

8.4 lbs per HP - 1988 Supra Turbo 430 hp / 3650 lbs

Navigator

looks like a fun car Shane, and you still have no excuse for missing next years Pismo Jambo... those subie's can drive on the sand just fine! (just ask the Aussies) If you haven't already check out offroadsubarus.com
    </badinfluence>
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike

8.4 lbs per HP - 1988 Supra Turbo 430 hp / 3650 lbs
    You did the math backwards though. Hoonage Factor uses implied rocket science in that as you increase the fun you inevitably reach the .1 . As in G-Forces. Acceleration=G's. your Supra factors to .12 .

In other words...

*Side note, I hereby patent the use of "Hoonage Factor" as a means of describing offroad power to weight ratios and vehicular prowess.

^^ I was just doing the old school power to weight ratio calculation. I was surprised to see that the 4Runner has a better power to weight ratio than a Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Turbo, our new Acura and my old intercooled turbocharged inline-5 cylinder 850 Turbo (which was quite a fast car). That makes me happy.

I did the URD fuel upgrades about two months ago and it never occurred to me that I could take out the deck plate. I did a couple of days ago, and all I can say is "yeeeeehaaawww."

Quote Originally Posted by Obi..
    Well, first thing is I sold my Runner.

Then I did something even worse, I got this.
    Here is ours.

Bought it with 12,000 miles it's probably got 90,000 miles on it now. Great little car and has given us no problems. My wife drives it and it puts up with her lead foot and curb jumping. Somewhere the sunroof stopped working but the warranty covered that, she doesn't use it so it wasn't a big deal. I just wanted it fixed before the warranty ran out and we'd have to pay out of pocket.

It's fun to drive and is stable doing 100 mph with 2 bikes on the roof.

That looks like a very, very nicely kept SG XT! Where's the link to the rest of the pics? Wife and I actually wanted to go that route and go w/ a forest green or gold, we even had names picked out already.

"Forest", of course, we all get that joke. Bond Gurl, for the gold. In the end low miles, new, factory warranty, and extended warranty all on top of a killer price most won't see made the decision for us to get Horace. Horace being the poet, the name a spin on calling it Horse instead. A'la "High-Ho Silver, away!" since this buy had to have a silver lining after all we've been through the past two years.

I almost got the blue, but there's absolutely no blue w/ black interiors left, even if I was to go to XT on up. With the run down there's simply not enough left stateside now. Who wants a grey interior and has a 3 year old?

No, we were not going to consider early release 2014's. That stupid Prius/Impreza wing window thing w/ the door panel mounted mirrors and lame assed pissed off Sumo Wrestler look of the 2014 doesn't do it for us.

It's your standard '05 FXT Premium. Black leather and black carpet. Some of the interior plastic is dark grey. It's a fun little car with a lot of get up and go as well as a nice factory stereo.

We had to buy it as we (I) totaled my ,then, girlfriends Honda Civic. It's an '05 we bought in '06. It had 12,000 miles on it, 2 years of the factory warranty left and was in perfect condition with the exception of a bird turd etching on the roof. It's got 90K on it now and the extended warranty we bought we bought the car is done.

All I've done is maintenance,K&N, led's, HID's in the fogs and 2 car seats. We have a full Yakima rack and basket but it sits in the attic after my wife decided to remove it and her bike with the roof of the garage/house.

I'm kind of sad right now, seeing I just pulled ahead on the votes here is bittersweet. I love the new ride, I miss the old one.

Navigator

you'll be back... The call of a 4x4 is too much to ignore for too long
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast