Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BilTecbach

Re: BilTecbach

I think I'm about to attempt the install. Going to adjust them to the same height as my PP springs for the time being... until I have the rear lift & can afford another alignment.

Wish me luck.

as long as the top hats are installed correctly then it will be a breeze. If they are off, prepare to curse lol.

that inner most bolt on the top of the strut is a PITA... can't get enough grip on my wrench to break it free, and don't have anything to fit over the end of it to act as a breaker bar!

don't remove that nut! the strut was explode! to remove, all you need is to remove the 3 outer bolts.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yeah I think I remember having to use a open end wrench on it and it being a bitch. the box end or sockets wouldn't fit or something. I hope your not talking about the center most nut like Sean is saying. Removing that nut will divide by zero if you dont know what your doing.

Ah, no worries guys, I was no referring to the center bolt. Just the back most/left of the 3 bolts holding the assembly in place. I was using my handy Craftsmen ratcheting 14mm wrench to get that nut loose... once I put on a pair of gloves I was able to break it free with making my hand hurt like a mofo.

Now I just need to lower this thing down some. Maybe I should have done that pre-install.

son of a..

I just snapped one of the 3 bolts by over-tightening. Was just using a 14mm wrench with no 'cheater pipe' on it... and even still.. snap. Time to put the stock PP/Tokico back on. *face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I just snapped one of the 3 bolts by over-tightening. Was just using a 14mm wrench with no 'cheater pipe' on it... and even still.. snap. Time to put the stock PP/Tokico back on.
    I understand you're needing to throw the Tokico's on for now but IIRC those bolts are tapped/threaded or pull through on those hats.

IMHO here, take them down to a shop, disassemble BOTH of them and pull out all of them and switch them all up to grade 6 cad coated or even better grade 8. Both styles will resist not just breakage (although they'll bend instead) but also have a little better rust resistance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast