Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injectors removed and on the way to Witch Hunter

Injectors removed and on the way to Witch Hunter

Hey guys,

Well instead of taking the el cheapo route that has plagued me all year, I decided to remove the intake and plenum to remove all 6 injectors. This is in reference to the PO303 and PO304 code that has been causing my 4runner to misfire and stumble. As reference, I used this most excellent pictorial from one of the guys I knew from YT (DuB):

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/fuel-inje...es-how-109389/

I believe his 97 has a lot more hoses than my 98. I ended up removing and pushing aside the throttle body because it was a lot easier to remove it and get to the other stuff than to leave it on. The most difficult thing to remove was the two coolant hoses that are right underneath the throttle body. You need a right angled tipped plier to pinch those hose clamps and then a screw driver to push the hoses off the nipple.

Most of the bolts are 12 or 14mm. Take a lot of pics for reference and reattach the bolts and nuts to their respective places because you will not touch this for at least a week before you get the injectors back.

I will post pics and more details after the ND vs U$C(heaters) game

Overall, this was a pretty easy job to do, but hell, after the LCA job, anything is easy.

I am gonna bite the bullet and send all 6.

Re: Injectors removed and on the way to Witch Hunter

At $20 its worth it imho. I wish they had designed the plenum another way so you dont have to remove it to do jobs like this, but alas thats not the case.

You gonna bother with a new gasket?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

CJM,

Gaskets were replaced bout 6 months ago, so no.

Nice, that should do the trick.

i hope so ken. i am at my wit's end w/ my truck this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    CJM,

Gaskets were replaced bout 6 months ago, so no.
    Then Id say your good to go..

Fedex'd this morning at 8am. Lets see what the turn around time is like. I hope this solves the problem.

Anyone have a source for a used but good condition steering wheel?

Hope this fix's your issue Bob, it isn't fun taking that plenum off.

I'd be interested in a good condition steering wheel too, mine is getting torn up.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

+3 on steering wheel, and I am interested in turn around from witch hunter. Hope this fixes your issues Bob!

Any gain in doing an injector clean if you are NOT having issues? Just as a preventive at XXX,XXX of miles?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

The leather drys out on the steering wheels and begins to flake off in bits n pieces. I think I might recover mine one day.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast