Thread: Sway-A-Way Racerunners question.

Sway-A-Way Racerunners question.

So its getting time for me to replace my struts up in front. I really dont want to deal with the spacers anymore either for a lift as Im sure its caused a lot of stress on the springs. So I think Im going to go with some SAW's.

My question is, will the 2.5's fit with the stock control arms, or should I just get the 2.0's? Also is there really any differece in the 2 other than the bore diameter? If anyone could chime in that would be awsome!
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Re: Sway-A-Way Racerunners question.

Not sure any of us have the saws. Might want to cross post this on TTORA

I'd prefer not to make another acocunt elsewhere, already have too many of them. :/
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

There are a few people with SAW's here on 3rd gens. I will ask around as well.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Steve - I've got a set of 2.0 SAW's that need a rebuild, I'd be willing to let go for VERY reasonable price, shoot me a PM if interested.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I might take you up on that offer, hows the adjusting threads look? chipped up, rusted etc etc? How many miles are on the springs, and how long did they go before you knew you had to rebuild them?

If the 2.5's can fit, Ill most likely try to get those.

Eric had 2.0 saw's on his 3rd gen if I remember right. They rust fast if your near the ocean.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

I was just in the same situation about two months ago and looked at several different options. It seems as a general rule you can't really fit 2.5" CO's in the stock control arms; you'll probably need 2.0's.

I ended up getting a set of Toytec Coilovers with 600 lb springs (silver) and am very happy with them. I think they are probably the best bang-for-the-buck you can get- super easy install, reasonable price (don't forget the coupon code), and Bilstein 5100's are a highly rated shock. The ride is actually quite a bit softer (but still more controlled) than it was with the old shocks and 3" spacers- so much so I'm considering putting my front swaybar back on after a few years without it. They also came dialed in at pretty much the exact right lift to match my rear 3" spacers. I didn't need to adjust them at all, just bolted right up and called it good. Haven't gotten an alignment yet, although I could probably use one.

The bling-
    Last edited by mastacox; 09-01-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Navigator

Rebuilds are pretty easy, and if you aren't comfortable to do it yourself it would probably be about an hour per shock of shop labor, so Chris's offer is pretty good, I would hit him up.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock