Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mojave NP Day Trip. Thursday 12-13-12

Mojave NP Day Trip. Thursday 12-13-12

Mojave Road West + some treats!

MEETING SPOT:
    we are meeting at N 35* 11.93' W 115* 52.33'. This is the intersection of Kelbaker Rd. and the Mojave Road. We will travel west and finish at the I-15 freeway. We will meet there at 9AM 10AM.

HOW TO GET THERE:
    The fastest way to get there is to take I-15 North, exiting at CA-127/Kelbaker Rd, and turning right. Meeting point will be approximately 14 miles down the road. Major services in Baker at this exit. This is the preferred entry.

The other way to get to the start is take I-40 East, exiting at Kelbaker Rd, and turning Left, traveling North. The Kelso Depot is the last real bathroom before Afton Canyon campground. It is possible to get stuck behind a train at the depot (it has happened to me before).

I know it's a week day, but maybe someone here would like to tag along with us!

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS:
    Reliable vehicle with working 4WD
    Spare within 2 inches of other tires w/ appropriate tools

WHAT TO BRING:
    Lunch and snacks
    Layered Clothing including Rainy Day wear
    Personal Hygiene stuffs
    Water

We will attempt to cross Soda Lake, depending on conditions. If it is impassable, we will go around (a 30 mile detour). Rain or shine, we will go!

Post up if you want to come!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Re: Mojave NP Day Trip. Thursday 12-13-12

want to, but being able to is a whole 'nother problem. lol
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Going!
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

so I would like to hit the desert megaphone and the Mojave Cross. I will work on the maps for that later today. Anything else to see?

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Those sound good to me! Not sure what's out there.... this will be my second trip, first time was when we went March of last year. I can't believe it's been that long already. I'll check out WHATEVER you want out there, big or small. Just looking forward to going.

Just in case you didn't know, it is supposed to possibly rain on Thursday. I'm still game, though.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

I'm even more game now that it's raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    I'm even more game now that it's raining!
    Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing. Weather Channel says 40%.

pictures will be posted after?!?! In any case here is a pre-emptive

of course troy! we also might check out some mines that are listed on my map, so we will see what that brings us!

other wise it should be a pretty good day run across the desert!

I will post details soon!

OK I will update the first post with this info as well.

we are meeting at N 35* 11.93' W 115* 52.33'. This is the intersection of Kelbaker Rd. and the Mojave Road. We will travel west and finish at the I-15 freeway. We will meet there at 9AM.

The fastest way to get there is to take I-15 North, exiting at CA-127/Kelbaker Rd, and turning right. Meeting point will be approximately 14 miles down the road. Major services in Baker at this exit. This is the preferred entry.

The other way to get to the start is take I-40 East, exiting at Kelbaker Rd, and turning Left, traveling North. The Kelso Depot is the last real bathroom before Afton Canyon campground. It is possible to get stuck behind a train at the depot (it has happened to me before).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast