Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Mojave Road Expedition Mar. 22-24, 2013 planning thread

Re: 2nd Annual Mojave Road Expedition Mar. 22-24, 2013 planning thread

3 week warning!!!

The map files in the first post are the ones we will use on the trip.

Later this week I will add the safety brief to the first post.

1 week before we depart, I will PM specific instructions on the camping spots and how to locate us, as I did last year.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I did a lot of tortilla chips and chili on my road trip. Throw on some tomato and cheese, and you've got some tasty food. Quick too.
    too much chili and the SO isn't overly happy
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    3 week warning!!!

The map files in the first post are the ones we will use on the trip.

Later this week I will add the safety brief to the first post.

1 week before we depart, I will PM specific instructions on the camping spots and how to locate us, as I did last year.
    Oh wow it is 3 weeks huh? I guess I should make my reservation at the Avy pretty soon

Edit: reservation made
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I am cheap and camping the first night this time!

safetybrief.pdf has been attached to the first post. I will also pass out copies to each vehicle and we will go over it before we set off.

Otherwise, I don't have too much to add. Still have some work to do on the truck to get it all ready.

My friend with the Suburban is likely not going, as he is having problems with his MECHANICAL fuel injection... Silly GM.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I can't take another day off from work, so I'll need to meet up with you guys on the road Friday evening. Thanks to your map, Sean, I should be able to find the campsite. Just send me a text message (and we'll hope it goes through!) telling me which campsite you're at. Either way, I should be able to find you - I know those 2 locations.

I'll aim to leave a little early from the office so that I'm not pulling in when you're all sacking out again.

I got the Sunday off, so it looks like I can make most of it. I'll drive out Friday night. Should be there by midnight/1am. 8)
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

Sounds good! bummer you can't make Friday though!

Camp will be marked in a similar fashion as last time, although this time we will be much more in the open.

2 weeks and change!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to pull this trip off. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

bummer Ken, next time!

Sean, I hope to get you guys up this way later this fall for some wheeling and camping in the Sierras.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast