Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appendix.....ouch!

Appendix.....ouch!

Just woke up to a shooting pain in the abdomen. Never felt anything like this before. I guess this calls for an ER visit? Or should I wait until the morning?
    Cupholder Mod

Re: Appendix.....ouch!

Go now. Happened to me, I waited till morning and wasn't really any worse for wear, other than spending longer in pain.

But they told me in the ER that if it had ruptured, which it was apparently close to doing, that I could have sepsis and a real battle on my hands as far as infections, etc.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I'd go now, or hope you are there now, before things get worse. If there is no real reason for the pain, like a fall or something, it's worth getting checked out. I had a friends dad and recently a co-worker have a rupture and yes infection is and recovery is something you'd want to avoid.

My Grandmother is most likely much older than you and has been dealing with infection and sepsis. It doesn't appear I'd want to deal with that type of thing at any age.

Here are the tall tale signs of Appendicitis:

Pain around your belly button and shifts to your lower right abdomen.
    Pain sharpens over several hours
    Press in the tender area and you freak out!
    Coughing or walking makes you scream like a baby.
    Nausea / Vomiting
    Can't eat / poop
    Belly is blown up like crazy.

You may not experience all of these signs but these are good enough to say you're probably in trouble and should head to the ER. If you do have Appendicitis, you'll want to extract it ASAP before it explodes. Once it explodes you're in deeper poop.

If you do have Appendicitis, see if you can get your surgery video taped. Pretty cool to see btw... all I gotta say is "condom!" You'll know what I mean if you've had one of these surgeries performed.

One of my co-workers recently had Appendicitis and we had to rush him to the ER and had surgery a few hours later. I got to see the surgery on screen and the video was pretty crazy!

It's a relatively simple procedure so you'll be in good hands.

Hope it's just an upset stomach!

good luck!

Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

why risk it, just go if you haven't. it reminds me of stories my doc friend tells me that happens every summer. old people try to save a little by turning off their a/c's and then end up in the hospital with heat stroke! hopefully you have good health insurance. but even if you don't, just go in and make sure its nothing serious

I went to the ER early this morning. After a quick observation, I had my surgery. Everything went fine. Gonna stay in the hospital I guess until Monday. Thanks for the advise everyone.
    Cupholder Mod

Glad you're OK! 2 of my step daughters had theirs out very recently, within 6 months of each other.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

This morning I'm feeling better.... Fighting boredom.... Luckily we have some hot nursing students are here.
    Cupholder Mod

glad to hear your doing ok. Get well soon.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by jrallan26
    This morning I'm feeling better.... Fighting boredom.... Luckily we have some hot nursing students are here.
    This is all hallucinations talking from your pain killers. To verify the veracity of your claims, pics will be needed.

Signed,
    UY Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast