Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz finally drank the Kool-Aid (and got his ham license!)

Re: Seanz0rz finally drank the Kool-Aid (and got his ham license!)

Cool!
    Thanks for the infor!

Congrats Sean! I am part way through a ham book but time is limited right now. I'll get that license eventually.

You're doing well if you're getting 4 miles with a CB; my range is more like 1/8th mile. With the ham I can hear much farther.

Congratulations!

I need to get off my butt and practice for and take the technician test so that I can talk to Ken and Mike on the trail once they are both on ham radios. Anybody in the Bay Area interested in joining up for a couple study sessions?

For fun I just took an online practice exam and surprisingly I passed (27/35). The electrical engineering questions are no problem, but I have to read up on the parts related to FCC rules and specifics about radio usage.

Anyway, congrats again.

- Matt

2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Matt, I've had my ticket for a couple years now. Ken doesn't but he's got a radio installed. Find an exam and just show up. Your chances of passing are high and afterwards you have plenty of time to learn the other stuff.

Seriously, read through the guide I posted right before your test, and you will pass. The tech test is VERY easy!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I finally ripped the CB radio out of my dash and installed something that will reach more than 1/8 mile. After I get my license, that is.

Wedding planning is killing my available time.

Congrats on the license Sean.

Awesome!

I will eventually move mine, but it will have to stay for the time being. I haven't used it much, just to listen to traffic. I've been busy with another project.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Does it involve 3d printing? You still have me interested in that too. You also sound like you have too many projects like I do.

Sadly no. It involves a cantankerous German.

Navigator

Those Germans are such squares!
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast