This is my spot to post and document any and all issues that I come across with my 4Runner and need advice/help with. Instead of eventually making multiple threads, I figured 1 spot would be better.

Where to start, my oh my. I have 2 repairs that I need to address ASAP and a book full of smaller issues as I posted in my introduction thread.

First 2 main issues, timing chain guide, chain, H20 and oil pump replacement (guides are broke) and a very frustrating and helpless feeling of intermittent starting. Timing chain will be replaced once money is available for me to attempt this daunting chore. Research has already begun with documented how-to's as well online videos. The starting issue I need to figure out asap.

The family ran to the store tonight to get a few things, only to come back to the 4Runner and have it not start for 45 minutes. It can also happen 2x in a day, then not happen again for months.We've had this problem for a while and its time to tackle this issue. It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to leaving it over night and getting a ride from where ever for it to self fix itself. Things I can rule out, battery (new), battery cable and connectors (new), starter and alternator both tested fine.

When I turn the key to acc, as you will see in the attached video, lights come on, gauges all work but when I turn it to the start/on position, all I get is a click, 1 single click, (possibly from a relay?) and that's it. No starter involvement at all. If anyone can help me diagnosis this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. As it is, my wife is apprehensive driving it for the obvious reason of being stranded with our 17 mo. old.

I'm hoping to get this and the timing chain addressed before tackling any other issues with this vehicle. Thanks for any help you can give me.

http://youtu.be/XyN3SafhrHY