Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long range planing jun/july eastern seirras camping/fishing trip

Re: Long range planing jun/july eastern seirras camping/fishing trip

I'm in for sure!

Do we have a firm date for this Troy?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

: poke :

I just need a couple week's notice so I can swap the trailer axle and load up the truck!

or, troy, if you don't have the time to plan, I will find something, just give me the dates!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 06-08-2013 at 09:36 PM.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Keeping an eye on this. Last summer we did a trip with the Hummer crowd up the east Sierra's out of Bishop one day and the Sierras west of Bishop through Rovana the next day. It was an outstanding trip. We reached something like 11,000' up.

To the west there is a spot that is way up high overlooking the valley and eastern Sierras that would make an outstanding camping spot.

This is the view from that camping spot looking east.

Here is a 103 pics from the trip.
    http://s442.photobucket.com/user/elr...?sort=3&page=2

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

This is a snow melt pond just before the overlook where the previous picture was taken. There are sand dunes up here which you can play in if you can coax enough HP out of your engine at this altitude.

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

A coworker of mine just did the drive up to Baker Lake and Funnel lake last weekend, and said it was an amazing time. The camping and fishing were great, and the weather was perfect. I'm itching to get up there!

Quote Originally Posted by elripster View Post
    There are sand dunes up here which you can play in if you can coax enough HP out of your engine at this altitude.
    Sounds fun. I'm in depending on timing.
    Frank, I haven't seen you in a while, although I seem to remember you moved out of CA?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    : poke :

I just need a couple week's notice so I can swap the trailer axle and load up the truck!

or, troy, if you don't have the time to plan, I will find something, just give me the dates!
    june 29th and 30th work for everyone? Sorry its a little soon. Ive been busy having fun, mostly, and had forgotten to start zeroing this one in. two weekends in july are already schedualed out for me.
    Last edited by troyboy162; 06-12-2013 at 08:51 AM.

I might be able to make that work!

Those dates work for me. Is this a stockish run?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast