Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long range planing jun/july eastern seirras camping/fishing trip

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    Those dates work for me. Is this a stockish run?
    I have not been there myself but it looks like it will be. Also This place is too big to see in two days. I plan to take it easy with some runs fanning out from camping locations but not pounding the miles on. Fishing has a high prority but I have not looked at sesons and rules yet.

If anyone coming has some must see spots, please post them up. I think funnel lake, and climbing to some elevation are the only things on my list.

OK.

Alabama Hills are kinda neat, and they are only a few miles off of 395 in Lone Pine. There's supposed to be an arch somewhere back in there too. I've been there already and I don't care whether or not we go, but others might be interested. It's a pretty neat area with movies and television programs being filmed in the area.

Otherwise, Funnel Lake and some elevation climbs sound fun.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

papoose flats is on my list, but I believe it is on the other side of the valley. might be worth a day trip though, I will look into it.

Lexi and I will be camping next week with one of her girls and her boyfriend (the girl's boyfriend, not lexi's!), so it will be a quick 1 week turn around to get up there. Lexi is unsure if she is coming on this trip as well, so I might just be running solo again .
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm not sure I'd be able to make it that weekend, but I should know in a day or 2 at the most. Either way, Victoria won't be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee914 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be able to make it that weekend, but I should know in a day or 2 at the most. Either way, Victoria won't be able to make it.
    What about july 13-14th? thats the weekend after the 4th

that would probably work out better for me, but I'm game for either

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'd have a higher likelihood of making that weekend, but I'm not 100% there either. Honestly, no weekend for the next few weeks is good for me, but that would probably be the best.

Either date works for me, although there is a chance I may not be around the later part of July. I'll probably be around then, but I'm working on some things that may have me out of the state for a few weeks, maybe even a couple months.

Don't plan around me. If I can make it, I will. If not, then I won't.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Shit balls the 13th is booked for me for a work team building excercize. Hows two weeks from now?

That would be the 29, 30? That's less favorable. Suppose to do a lot of work that week. How about later in July or early aug?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast