Thread: 2013 National forest camp fire permit

2013 National forest camp fire permit

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5405059.pdf

you can read about it here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sequoi...fsbdev3_059516

most notable is you are responsible for any forest fires and they can still take camp fire privileges away at any time for conditions so you need to check before you go.

Re: 2013 National forest camp fire permit

I am well-versed in government bureaucracy, but last time I had to get a campfire permit I was utterly confused. I was headed to Bodie, CA, which is partly state land and partly BLM. The two jurisdictions had different regulations and one had fire restrictions while the other did not. There was a map associated with the fire restriction areas but there were no landmarks to be able to clearly identify whether you were in the state fire restricted area or on the BLM land. I ended up printing out the fire restriction Order and map and bringing it with me and doing my best to make sure I was on BLM land when I had my fire. (We were camped near one of those boundary lines drawn on the map, but even with GPS there was no way to tell 100% that we were on one side or the other.) I figured if I were cited for having a fire and I couldn't prove my point to the officer, that I would at least have a case in court. Regardless, I was frustrated that I had to spend over an hour on the CDF (Dept of Forestry), State Parks and BLM sites just to determine if I could have a fire AND was never able to get a solid answer.

This map is for another state, but it's a good example to illustrate that when you're miles out in the backcountry with a restriction map like this, it's nearly impossible to know exactly where you are, even with GPS. Many fire orders simply state "no fires in areas marked very high or extreme fire danger."
    [img width=720 height=800]http://weather.gfc.state.ga.us/Maps/fdf1.gif[/img]

I like the fact that when we did have a fire our Dads did the fire wood collecting...from historic relics.

thanks for the link bro
    i sell cars to soon to ever work on them

Come across one for 2014? I haven't had a chance to look yet.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.