Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mar 7 Server Blip

I've spent most of today banning IP addresses from these freakin' spammers (and the site just got turned on today). The recaptcha image routine for new regs isn't much of a deterrent. I can do a Toyota Q & A which might be more effective. Any ideas on the question?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

abbreviation of Toyota land cruiser is: TLC
    how many lug nuts does a 4runner wheel have? 6

some basic questions like that maybe.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

It's a spammer flood! Damn these pricks.

Did the question for regs - "another name for the 3.4"
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

Woohoo! Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this! Looking good!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

On the home page of the old site it would show the newly registered users. I was always amazed at how many new users there were and figured they were spammers. Was there a filter on the old site that hid what they posted or were there that many random new users reading our posts?

Either way thanks for all the work you guys are doing. I've missed this place.

I think the anti-spam measures on the old site were similar - the staff has done a great job of keeping on top of removing spam comments.

I have another site UZswap.com that is on the same platform as the old UY site and I had to shut off registration because of how bad the spamming got. I have to get new users to contact me via email and register them manually - if I turn registration back on, I'm faced with hours of purging spam comments and deleting users (SMF's admin tools for dealing with spammers might be slightly better than vB's). Kind of a pain, but the traffic numbers aren't huge so its manageable.

This site gets a lot of guest traffic too, so that contributes to the big traffic numbers. (this will increase further once everyone realizes we're back online)

Bumped up the attachment file size so the images can be a little bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
    It's a spammer flood! Damn these pricks.

Did the question for regs - "another name for the 3.4"
    Paddlenbike is having trouble registering. He's a noob and the question has stumped him. He's put in about 10 different guesses and it won't let him in. Cebby can you PM me the answer.

You cant put the dash in lol. I had to try twice

Thanks, I'll let him know.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast