Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UY Mojave Road Expedition 2013

bummer about the truck Kevin! I think I would stay away from the T100 though. There is just no aftermarket for them! What about an 05 access cab? I think you should be able to find a decent deal on one, and it is quite a bit bigger. or at least an extended cab 95-04.

Or cut the back bulkhead out and extend it 16 inches like one of the expo guys did on his Ranger.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator
    Sean - I don't really care about a lack of aftermarket, they actually have a pretty good amount of stuff you can buy if you search around. They share parts with several other Toyotas (You just have to research which parts interchange). Also no on Tundras, I don't want something that big (t100 is slightly smaller), and there is zero availability of 4wd v6 models and I don't want v8 gas mileage. Also, my long travel from my 4runner that I haven't had any luck selling will bolt right on then a good set of leafs (already know which ones will bolt on) and go. Thanks for the concern though.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

wont the long travel be standard travel on the t100? Also the frame is too far under the body to support sliders. I think you should just pack better and keep the tacoma. Stop reading expo forum too, those guys enjoy spending money to fix non-existent problems.

T100's worth it, try very hard to find one with the 4.30 gears axle code a11a I recall. Sadly I think it only comes in the automatic so if you want stick your sol there. Also with the 4.30s your rpms will be high at 70mph (Im at 2600) but its so low I can crawl sooo easily. FYI tho the rear axle shafts can and do bend-1st gen tundra shafts fit tho. 95-98 had the 5vz, 97-98 had buckets but 95 and 96 has a 40/20 bench. Otherwise despite all my issue I still love mine. 1st gen 4wd 5vz tundras can be found, literally the same size too-but they are pretty rare.

As for leafs, not sure what tire ya wanna run but I can stuff 33's no problem on the rear even before I added an extra leaf. Im running 265s on 16x8 4.25 back space (I think) now with only barely rubbing at full lock on the mud flaps on hills and stuff, I could run 33s easily with maybe some lift and trimming of the fender or maybe even 35's

Id run BJ spacers, your not gonna be able to bolt on the long travel I think. Good news is if you wanna do SFA a waggy axle fits great. As for sliders, never tried but the frame isnt anymore in than a mini truck Id say.
    Last edited by CJM; 04-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

The first post had been updated with the latest .KMZ file. This file represents nearly our exact route, and includes some major revisions over the last files, especially around the lava fields and in the Mojave River. I hope that helps future visitors! I know it will help me in future planning!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    wont the long travel be standard travel on the t100? Also the frame is too far under the body to support sliders. I think you should just pack better and keep the tacoma. Stop reading expo forum too, those guys enjoy spending money to fix non-existent problems.
    Troy the t100 has a wider frame, and uses the exact same suspension arms as the mini truck and 1st/2nd gen 4runner. Meaning my kit WILL bolt up, don't worry I have plans for that part . also, Troy, it wasn't packing that was the problem, I had PLENTY of room for all our stuff in the Taco this year, it was the sheer lack of leg room and upright seating position because of the single cab. The more I have been thinking about it, the more a T100 would fit my uses better than my Tacoma would.

CJM - Thanks for the added wisdom, I think because of your issues one of the first things I would do is weld on an axle truss to stiffen everything up before I do something similar. Also, leafs would not be to stuff bigger tires, but to get more travel, I'd set it up as an all round, mild rock crawler (Troy - if guys can do it in new double cabs, I know a t100 built right can too), and some speed, basically the same goal as I had on my 4Runner. But I would probably run minimum of 33s, probably more like 35s, I don't care about stock gearing because I'll be swapping in lockers and lower gears anyway.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123