View Poll Results: Whats YOUR verdict on sea foam?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would use it again

27 93.10%
  • Would never use it

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea Foam GOOD? BAD?

Sea Foam GOOD? BAD?

I just wanted to know everyones opinion about sea foam and what good or bad came of using this product, and what other products have any of you used that would help the life of your rig.
    Thanks Miles
    Miles a.k.a.(short rod)<br />97 4runner limited<br />84 4runner SR5<br />Location: Athens ,Ga

Re: Sea Foam GOOD? BAD?

i have yet to use it on my truck, that is probably next weekend or something, but i used it on my honda, helped ALOT. so much smoke poured out. i need to put it in the next tank of gas
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I've used it on my '99 Taco, will get some more and use it on my dad's '97 Taco.
    &#039;99 Taco PreRunner V6 3.4L auto

Used it on our van after we got it....it had been sitting for over a year with the same gas in it and was running miserably. After a new tank of gas and some seafoam it rus like a dream....I would definitely use it again!

I run it through just about everything we get. The only things I don't run it through are the newer vehicles (e.g. an 02 Altima 3.5 we just got). I use BG 44K exclusively in those. 44K is another great product though.. I generally use Seafoam and then put a can of 44K in the tank.
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

I'd definately use Seafoam myself on all my vehicles.
    I've used BG44K as well and it works great too, but Seafoam is very cheap comparatively.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Where exactly do youi put seafoam in? I put some in my 97 4runner's gas tamnk yesterday but I want to try to put it through the engine. pcv? brakebooster? Can someone show me a picture? I also want to use it in my 84 but am not sure where to run it through the engine? Carb?
    Miles a.k.a.(short rod)<br />97 4runner limited<br />84 4runner SR5<br />Location: Athens ,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by NGA CRAWLER
    Where exactly do youi put seafoam in? I put some in my 97 4runner's gas tamnk yesterday but I want to try to put it through the engine. pcv? brakebooster? Can someone show me a picture? I also want to use it in my 84 but am not sure where to run it through the engine? Carb?
    Here's a good thread on it and we also have it in the Wiki too.
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...d=26&topic=317

I've been using 3 cans in 1/2 tank of gas first then direct in the engine after.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

That helps a lot! Thanks Jamie. I already did 2 cans in the gas with 1/2 a tank then I will let it run almost empty and fill it with high octane gas run that through and then put it straight into the intake via pcv hose.

I used it on my 97 4Runner and my dads 97 4Runner, didn't notice any improvement, even though most everyone else does. Anyway, if it started running really bad, I might try it again.
    1997 4Runner SR5 4WD / 4&quot; deck plate mod-REMOVED / 01 Tundra Wheels / Cup Holder mod / 285/75/16 Pro Comp AT / SS SYSTEM 1.1 / <br />01 Overhead Console mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast