Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 11th Annual 2013 Pismo Jamboree - Sept 21-22, 2013

I'll be filming another pullpal demo. Last years didn't turn out, camera went crazy and washed it out too bad to use.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Is 5.11 tactical sponsoring the event again?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Since I made a bike rack and removed my Yakima rack I lost a spot for a flag. I had made a strong and simple mount but now it needs to be redone as my cross bars are gone.

I sat and stared at the flag and what I had on the roof and came up with this.

I used a cheap HF coupler I had in the parts bin. It's nice and cheap and is steel so melting it to a tab is doable unlike the brass couplers. I made a tab that could mount on my expanded steel rack but would also work in just the factory roof rack rail if I wasn't running the rack. I think it turned out pretty good and is pretty solid.

As years pass my flag mount becomes more and more quick release. This time there are no tools needed and it is in fact quick release. Time: Cheap as I'm supposed to be parked on the couch. Money: Next to nothing considering I already had the parts and they weren't going to be used for their intended purpose.

Nice. Similar set up to what I did to my CBI bumper. All spare parts. I got the idea from a Jeep forum. I also used a male coupler & filled the other end with glue so the male is always in the main female end. I did that to keep the sand & dirt out when I'm not using the flag.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

Nice. Will you be using the same flag you use on your bike?

After creating what I thought was my masterpiece I searched online if others had done it. I found one company selling something similar but had all kinds of different options, none weld on though. Then I saw a guy that bolted a coupler to a piece of metal that bolted to the tow hook of a Raptor/F150.

I wanted to find someone else who welded one because I got lots of smoke which means I melted the seals which is fine since it won't be holding air. I wasn't sure if it was going to compromise the grip and if I'd lose my flag after some bumps.

Thanks for the idea! I'll have to pick one up for pismo!

did you just epoxy the flag into the coupling?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well, what I did was epoxy, then I screwed a small screw from the bottom into the shaft of the flag pole to "double-make-sure" it stays in. It's in there pretty tight. First time using it will be at Pismo.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

I turned down the end of the flag mast so it was tapered and went all the way through the fitting. Filled it with JB weld and then trimmed the bottom. My flag is only about 4 feet tall, trimmed from when I got it, so it's not fighting the leverage of a full flag. Maybe In should do some test runs in the neighborhood to make sure it's good to go.

Great idea you had there. I'm gonna have to copy you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast