Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20130516-19 The whole bernadino

Man, looking at these pictures, it's crazily apparent that I need a rear locker. So many times, I had a tire completely stuffed, with all the truck's weight on it, and no power going to it. You're right Troy, I bet if I was locked, I'd have gotten through a lot more on my own.

I also realized I took a bunch of pics! I'm going to try to post some in the am.

Great reporting, guys... JEALOUS!!!
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

We missed you Mark!

JD, if you were locked in the rear, you would have gotten through 98% of the stuff I did. that other 2% might be down to the differences in tire and lift. High centering next to that tree was a pretty big bummer for me, even if I got out eventually on my own.

I will end up spending the day unpacking all my crap, didn't feel like it yesterday. It was a great trip though!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm putting together a video of the trip. JD and Troy, can I get the specs of your trucks (mods and such)?

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    I did not record the track unfortunatly. I dont know how many miles that was.
    OK, no worries. I was going to have our route included in the video, but no big deal.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

2004 Limited, Bilstein lift, some tires, sliders and skids, and some other accessories and lights. That's about it.

Here's all my photos from the weekend:
    http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/wi...e%20Bernardino

First evening's festivities on Cleghorn and Pilot Rock:

10 MPH in the middle of nowhere???

Nighttime water crossing...

Day two:

Dan's tent and a pretty nice view. It was great waking up to the sound of the babbling river!

Stuck, round 1

Since I was in the middle the whole time, I have a lot of shots of me following Troy.

Approaching Stuck, round 2:

Long distance winching

Eventually (after 2 hours), I made it up the waterfall section, and then it was Sean's turn. It may have been Troy who put himself in the most precarious position, though:

Troy, not taking the easy line

Lunch:

Peak of White Mountain

Campsite, down there:
    Last edited by Jaydee914; 05-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Day three was pretty mellow. Troy and a cow:

awesome pics!

I didn't realize Troy was that far under my 4runner! Thanks to both of you for stacking rocks for me and yourselves! I didn't have the stamina this weekend. Time to get in shape!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    I'm putting together a video of the trip. JD and Troy, can I get the specs of your trucks (mods and such)?

OK, no worries. I was going to have our route included in the video, but no big deal.
    I have all the trail together in one file if that helps. I have my mods listed in my Garage here:
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/showthre...rails-and-Expo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast