Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you working on?

mighty fine piece of meat there! makes me want to get some steak for lunch now!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

So I ended up needing surgery for a back issue on August 13th. I never thought I had a back issue as I didn't have any pain and never hurt myself. My lower body went numb and I was told to go to the ER.

I had this: Cauda equina syndrome (CES) is a serious neurologic condition in which damage to the cauda equina causes acute loss of function of the lumbar plexus, (nerve roots) of the spinal canal below the termination (conus medullaris) of the spinal cord. CES is a lower motor neuron lesion.

Ended up getting emergency surgery for this: Laminectomy is surgery to remove the lamina — the back part of the vertebra that covers your spinal canal. Also known as decompression surgery, laminectomy enlarges your spinal canal to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves.

I've been home and it seems there is always somewhere here watching me making sure I don't do anything. I feel pretty good and want to get out and do stuff. The wife went back to work and the kids at daycare so I spend a few hours a day getting stuff done around the house. I pretty much do the dishes and pick up really quick to leave more time for fun stuff.

I made a flag holder for Pismo. Had my roof basket, factory tracks and cross bars removed so I could clean them up and paint them. I clay bared and waxed the 4Runner (I mean I had someone take it somewhere and paid someone do the work). Re-coated the rear wheel wells, painted the receiver, replaced a couple broken clips on the drivers door panel, added some frequencies to the HAM radio, clean and lubed the sunroof tracks, removed and adjusted my short shift kit, cleaned nooks and crannies as well as tightened up my driver seat. Seems I had the loose bolt that results in the hollowed out hole, thanks Dan for the heads up.

There area few more odds and ends with the 4runner but I'm glad I've had time to address them. With work, family and kids I have near no time to do this type of stuff. I hadn't washed the truck for almost 3 months and the last wax was 4 years ago (50,000 miles ago).

Something seems to be up with the edit function of the forum. When I click it the post goes blank. Any modifications don't appear when saved.

Anyways, I was adding pics.

Rail less

Door pieces

Wheel wells

Short shifter. Oh yeah. I did some soldering on my aux radio speaker.

Port and polish

Took it for a spin to pick up the kids from day care

That is a good looking 4Runner, my friend! It has to feel good to get some of those little things off the list.

Did you find anything out of adjustment on your short shift kit? I remember a little allen key holding it all together and it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to check mine either. Did it make any difference in the shifting?

Glad to see you aren't doing anything too hardcore. You don't want to mess up the first month after surgery.

Thank you.
    I'd say ladder climbing, lifting over head, bending and reaching isn't too hardcore. I did decline doing somersaults with Maggie yesterday, just sounded like a bad idea.

I've had a few people drive the 4runner lately and they act like the shifter won't even move. It is bad and notchy but I wanted to make sure it wasn't the URD kit. There are two allens, two little clam shell pieces and the extension. The extension had definite wear marks but smoothing them out didn't make anything better. I clocked the extension 90 degrees as well. I think my issue is weak armed drivers or in the tranny.

Wow mike that sounds rough! I'm glad to hear your up and about at least and I'm sure it helps with your sanity

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

It's all about my sanity and to keep me off my bicycle. I want on bad and think I'd be fine as I wouldn't over do it. If I got caught on the bike I'd be dead meat. As it is every other neighbor stops and gives a short lecture when they pass by. I was outside all day the other day. I saw two neighbors leave to work and return after a full day. I pretty much only went inside to poop and eat.

I made sure I was inside and clean with the TV on when my wife got home from work.

Awesome Mike! Nice to see you up and around, and as long as you aren't doing injury to the area, being mobile helps the healing, physically and mentally. Having a positive outlook really helps get better!

I am currently sorting out why our CR-V chuggs and overheats. Found a bad fan motor for the radiator (it also had a "condenser" fan, even though both suck through both pieces). Amazon and Saturday delivery (an extra 13 dollars) later, I should have it on Saturday. It will take me an hour total to fix, so no big deal. Have to get it up and running because the 4runner is still down due to the bad vibes and need of new TRE (inner and outer) as well as an alignment and spin balance. It is fine to drive local, but it is scary on the freeway.

and I'm STILL looking for work
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I've been working on a kitchen remodel, complete with new vinyl flooring, new sheetcok and paint, custom (home made) concrete countertoops that turned out fantastic. I'll post pics soon.

I've done a little work on the crawler, but not much, I've had my winch sitting in the shop for almost a year now, with no install.

Been fixing up little issues on the FJ80 we picked up for Cort at the end of last year, and am afraid I am about to have to do the headgasket. *sigh* always something.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123