Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OBA, Help me choose!

Here is another pic from my files. Again it's from the internet so I don't know whos it is or specifics. I can tell there is a Kilby combo pulley which will work with a GM alternator. The battery appears to be in the stock location.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Here is another pic from my files. Again it's from the internet so I don't know whos it is or specifics. I can tell there is a Kilby combo pulley which will work with a GM alternator. The battery appears to be in the stock location.
    Google search by image FTW! It's a T100, hence the extra room for the battery.

http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/t100/oba.htm
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/1950793-post3.html

Quote Originally Posted by ErikB (Pirate4x4)
    I bet if you put a much bigger filter on the intake it would fill up tires even faster. Outside air is low pressure, so it needs a big filter to flow a decent amount of air. That's why the suction hose is bigger ID than the discharge hose too.

That filter looks tiny.

Also, I don't think you mentioned that you had to relocate your battery to put it there too...

Anyway, glad to see you got it working.

Hey, it looks like you put in a Chevy master cyl too.

If anyone cares, here's one I built for a non-supercharged 3.4L:
    http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/t100/oba.htm

The SC forced Steve to do his differently, and on my T100 I didn't need to move the batt since there is plenty of room.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

My MV50 is still working fairly well after ~5 years of use. When I have time I plan to take the head off so I can port and polish the intake and exhaust and replace the reed valves, supposedly this makes a big difference. I also have a 12v Puma that puts out a lot more air but is much larger and doesn't fit well anywhere on the truck.

Here's a writeup on putting the compressor behind the trim panel in the truck.
    http://wwww.blankwhitepage.com/autom...r/on-board-air

I'm lazy and haven't updated the article, but as Ken mentioned I sealed my trailer hitch so I can use it as a 1 gallon tank.

I also added air fittings at the front and back of the truck which makes airing up much more convenient. The brackets fit over existing holes in the bumper and no new holes were required.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

This head is pretty cool. I'd like something like this just for the cool factor. If space is tight it's a way to have a lower profile and help with routing intake and exhaust.

Nevermind the photo bomber, internet photo.

I will end up getting the Viair kit at some point, just not now. For now, I think I will try to fix my MV 50.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

sean whats busted on your mv-50? I have a brand new mv 50 here with with the head from my old pump installed. you can have it if you want. it has one good flutter valve in the head but the other one is dead

I think the "sealed" motor is full of sand and drawing too much current.

I actually have a second that I tried modding but ended up cracking the head. I might try to swap parts and make one good working one, or just up size the wire to the one i have now and take out the fuse.

thanks for the offer though!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

all this OBA talk got me to take my pump apart for maintenance. Is everyone ready for the laugh of the day? I took the flutter valves off the intake and was bending them flat when I decided last minute to port it while my drill was at arms reach. Porting looks great and would have yielded some good results due to the poor stock design. Problem is I ported the wrong side of the valve and ruined it I just wasted $130 in 10 minutes. It hurts so bad I had to laugh at myself.

HA! That's a bummer! I ruined one MV50 by trying to tap it to accept the standard quick disconnects. If I ever get a tig welder, I will fix that head!

Are you sure it's ruined? can you turn it over?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast