Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Roof Rack, Seanz0rz's Low Profile Rack

I'd like to have the engine and trans together, along with the ECM and other necessary parts.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Rumor has it that it is hot in your neck of the woods but a MIG arc is around 6000 degrees so welding is always hot.

How's the rack coming along? Done by Pismo? Integrated air coupler flag mount?

It will be done by Pismo, with the flag mount. Whether or not ill be there is questionable right now.

It's too hot to work. I have been getting horrible sleep lately too, so waking up early is harder than normal. It was 104 and humid. Just finishing up the winch wiring left me exhausted and dehydrated.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Questionable attendance? My wife is on me about going and my back. The plan is to run away if need be just to make it. I told her I hauled Ken there fresh out of a walker and he did okay.

If I can do it you gotta. If it's because of a new job you have to work that date in during negotiations.

Lexi is starting a new job and will have to work Sunday. If we come, it will be for Friday and Saturday, ducking out either late Saturday or SUPER early Sunday. If I decide to come up alone, then who knows, but that is a lot of gas to get up there and back, and leaving her behind kinda sucks for both of us.

It was 102 today, and working over a hot car engine was bad enough. Molten metal would be a deal breaker today. Maybe tomorrow I will work on the rack!

I know what it's like to leave early.

If it makes you feel any better it's a long ass drive for me and I'm rolling solo. Parts of it are easier plus it's just a weekend. Lots of room to sleep, easy to pack, whatever I want to eat and whatever I want to listen to.

Any updates on this thing Sean? Work all looked good so far.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Got busy with other projects, but I will get back to it very soon.

Slacker.... what are you doing right now? Get to work!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Busy with household stuff. Had to move a ton of furniture from grandma's place, and a bunch of other home type stuff. Now I'm working on a possible kickstarter and trying to make money wherever I can. Still no luck on the job market.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast