Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: uh-oh...ripped a hole in my floor

Cool. Did you get a good look at the underside of the replacement part? Was it well painted or was it spattered over spray? Are you going to take any precautions to make sure it doesn't bust loose again?

From what I saw, the whole piece was coated in the standard black that seems to come on every new body part.

Looks like they did a good job on it. I still haven't had an opportunity to check mine, but it feels fine, and that's good enough for me right now.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

If it came in the standard black, I'd do your own coat of paint of some sort, just as a precaution.

Other then that looks great!

I plan to product-test my 13 year old one this weekend at Pismo.

Crazy that you guys are seeing so much of this. I had it happen in my 4runner, but it was a biscuit White 1st gen. haha
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

My nut cracked its tack welds when I pulled my seat recently (IJM 5-speed). I just drilled through the subfloor and bolted the seat in with a much longer bolt and secured with lock nut and fender washer. I guarantee it's stronger than the original mounting system.
    &#39;99 (tall) 4Runner SR5 5spd 4WD(U.S), Hella fogs, Trekmaster shocks, no running boards, FIAMM horns, Alpine sound, Optima Red Top 34R (Made in USA), otherwise stock,owned since new.<br />&#39;97 HiLux SW4 5spd 4WD(Japan model bought in Brazil, very close to a 3.0 4Runner)<br />&#39;71 FordWillys Jeep CJ5 (with straight six Ford Maverick 3.0 liter engine--lives in the mountains north of Sao Paulo Brazil)

Like you drilled through the bottom of the floor? With a bolt head or nut under the body?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Like you drilled through the bottom of the floor? With a bolt head or nut under the body?
    Yep. Locknut and fender washer underneath, bolt head on top. I'm not the first, a couple on T4R.org have done this.
    Last edited by TheDurk; 11-08-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    &#39;99 (tall) 4Runner SR5 5spd 4WD(U.S), Hella fogs, Trekmaster shocks, no running boards, FIAMM horns, Alpine sound, Optima Red Top 34R (Made in USA), otherwise stock,owned since new.<br />&#39;97 HiLux SW4 5spd 4WD(Japan model bought in Brazil, very close to a 3.0 4Runner)<br />&#39;71 FordWillys Jeep CJ5 (with straight six Ford Maverick 3.0 liter engine--lives in the mountains north of Sao Paulo Brazil)

larryolson06, pictures have been fixed.

Did you have the same failure? What year and color is your 4Runner?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast