Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20130713-14 Coyote flats. lots of pics

Yeah it was a real bummer to see all the trails that were established enough to make the topo maps, but have now been closed off. Probably some great camping spots and overlooks have been lost since it seemed to be mostly trails headed to peaks that were closed. In probably 5 hours of actual wheeling we covered nearly all of the trails, but that suited the low tempo weekend I was looking for.
    The one trail we didnt hit is sopposedly the tough route coming in from the souther end from the valley floor. All research calls it a black diamond trail, but all pictures seem to show a blue trail, so who knows. that trail would turn the trip into a nicer loop type route instead of in and back out on the same trail.

Great pictures guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee914 View Post
    Such a great weekend! Thanks, Troy, for putting it together.
    no problem! I think my marginal planning ended up good enough for this trip. I am tempted to go back soon and lounge around some more lol

Another trip could include a Lone Pine entry and then a trip and short hike to Baker lake. That's supposedly the end of the line for the trails up there.

So last month, we had a photo shoot for our Fall sportswear up at Coyote Flats. Check out the picture that made it into our catalog....

look familiar?

Nice! Did you get to go? I've been wanting to go back some day sooner then later

Awesome!

I should be a location scout or something…lol.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Yeah, Dan! I can't believe they took the EXACT same photo (just cropped)!
    I didn't get to go, unfortunately. The lead photographer, who I've spoken with a ton about that trip wanted me to go, but I guess in the end, they didn't need me.
    One of their vehicles was a rented F-350 crew cab with street tires, loaded with equipment, bikes and people. It sounded like the trip was a nightmare for those folks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12