Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Josh's Build Thread Beyond The T-Bone

The Josh's Build Thread Beyond The T-Bone

So instead of going way back to 2004 from my original build thread im gonna start this from my Tbone accident and beyond and if anybody has questions about anything let me know

some pics of the aftermath

12/26/12

Update-

Body work starts today

The planned axle for the rear

here is what this beauty will look like

Sway Bar Plans

i dont plan on changing the geometry back there just yet as i want to get something done on the front first.

the plan for the back is the Currie Dana 60 Axle pictured with 4.88 gears and a ARB locker of course then for a sway bar i will be using the TK1 Rock Equiptment Sway Bay:

then some type of remote resi kings.

i am not scrapping the sliders, im just removing them and plating the frame and the reinforcing them and then reinstalling the set.

new lights

Haha thanks guys! It was not awesome getting into a accident at all. Extremely stressful during and after. Do not recommend it!

But at least the settlement for just the truck is paying for good replacement parts.

Here is a few more goodies I got in the mail today.

The 2 6" led bars are replacing my dust lights in the rear. It may seem like over kill but since I'm building a trailer they will be perfect for lighting up camp

Sent from my Nexus 4

1/29/13

so tonight i drove down to pick up my truck since i was givin word that it was finally complete. i loaded up the tundra and went to my buddys house to borrow his trailer to haul my truck back home. after 90 mins i got to the body shop and found my truck waiting. it looked awesome, paint was all fresh and i couldnt wait to load it up and take it home...

then i was checking all the paint and found a drip on each door near the door handles. i brought it to the owners attention and he was very apologetic and pissed off that this wasnt found earlier. and after closer inspection he determined it was on the base coat and the whole doors would need to be repainted so i basically wasted my whole afternoon going down there for this. he said it would be ready again on thursday and he asked what he could do to make it better and i mentions the dented lower body panel on my driver side rear door and he said he would do that body work and paint it so that made the situation much better for me...

anywho i was able to actuall pick up al my new shocks!!

here is some pics

2/6/13

some updates on my truck finally:

i had alot of work to do to prepare for my new parts so i started with removing the third member which wasnt as easy as it was supposed to be. with the bent axle it took about 2 hours alone to pull out the axle shaft from the bent housing. i was able to pull out the third member the night before and sold it. i completely removed the axle and set it aside then i pulled the front suspension which i also sold.

tomorrow my new fenders will arrive so i will fit them up and then find a paintshop to paint them. and on friday my axle is scheduled to arrive and im incredible excited to see it after all this wait. the only thing i have to figure out is how to get the old axle shafts free from the brakes. according to the manual i will need a press but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be aweome

2/7/13

i painted up the exposed bits yesterday so they are nice and shiny and maybe the gloss will help the mud slide off! i am going to piant a few spots in por15 to make the finish last alot longer

Delivery!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Its been kinda sucking lately always working on my truck outside and the worst part is my nosey neighbors are always up in my business coming over to see the progress it gets really annoying so I solved the problem by buying a 10' x 20' carport. It only takes up half the driveway but fits the 4runner perfectly and works out well when I crank up the propane heater

Sent from my Nexus 4

2/24/13

well i got quite a bit done today, more than i was even hoping to get done.

i was able to get the pinion angle completely dialed in exactly as the tc is. then i set up all the links with a digital micrometer and i was able to get the links within 0.001" of each other. then i installed the springs and jacked up the axle and set it on jackstands so it can sit on its own weight.

next up we installed the axle shafts and proceeded to reinstall the parking brakes. the driver side went on cleanly but when doing the passenger side we found that a few springs were missing and they must have gotten lost while the shafts with at the machine shop. so that will have to wait til monday.

for the front i got started on replacing the bearings but got held up by not having the 30mm socket to take off the hub nut so that will also have to wait but i did install my new icon skid plates and changed out all the diffs fluids and removed 2 of the 4 skids plates.

waiting on glassworks fenders (which arrive monday )

icon skid plates

axle shaft in, e brake installed

2/28/13

tonight i finished up running the brake lines and abs lines. definitely a task to make them look clean and routed efficiently. also adjusting the e brakes was a big task in itself. according to the manual there is supposed to be a hole you can adjust from but i couldnt find it on either side.

when i was bleeding the brakes i ended up discovering that one of the front calipers was tweaked so since im so deep into it now im just going to replace both front calipers tomorrow.

its coming along god but i have quite a bit left

new watermelon brakes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast