Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Josh's Build Thread Beyond The T-Bone

pulled all the skids plates today and scrubbed them clean and will paint them up tomorrow. i also degreased the complete underside of the truck and scrubbed that also. i plan on painting the whole frame underneath with por15 on saturday

here is a good picture of my skids so you can see how well they have been used. this 3/16" steel is pretty dang beat up!

hit a little speed bump tonight with the panhard bar.

it does not clear the pumpkin. it appears that even a stock panhard bar would not clear it either. i know in one build i saw that currie themselves had to kick out the panhard bar now it appears everyone will have to. i removed my panhard bar and i am taking it to my buddies shop and he is going to throw a few kinks in it to clear the pumpkin, hopefully i will still have room left with the heims after that to still fit if no then we will have to make another panhard bar

I took my panhard down to Stanley fabrication and my buddy Marshall put in 4 bends and then I slapped it in today and it clears everything perfect with cycling the suspension.

Then I cycled to check for rubbing at full bump and too thing I have none yet with 2" clearance from the tire to the inner wheel well at full stuff

Then I started up mocking up the shocks and the angle we plan on installing them at. And to check for clearance between the tires and the shocks

today i re ran all my ABS lines for a cleaner look. then i topped off my front diff and poured 3.5 quarts of oil into my rear diff, slapped on the spacers in the front and put on the wheels...

test drive time!!!

what a beauty!

Picked up my truck from the body shop. The fenders looks awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Just installed my hitch and max coupler hookup for my trailer, now both the frame of the 4runner and trailer sit at 0 degrees

Sent from my Nexus 4

3/20/13

my trailer is quite a ways from done but i thought i would mock it up and attach it to the trailer and see how it fits up and looks...

well i think it looks amazing!

i still have some body work to do then frame out the inside and top rail then cut in a tailgate. then wire up all the electrical and brakes but for now i just mocked up the new fenders and lid to get a idea how it is coming together. the frame sits at 30" from the ground which may seem high but its just a couple inches higher that the 4runner frame and it will come down a bit once weighed down with all the gear

so here is a bunch of pics

and lastly the axle for good measure

I knocked out a lot of stuff one my truck with a buddy's help

Installed my high angle drive line Toyota to Dana 60 flange then we tried to squeeze the driveshaft in but it about a half inch too long. So I'm gonna take it to a local drive line shop to get it shortened.

The we removed the rear dust lights and rewired up the harness and made brackets for some 6" led light bars and installed them

Sent from my Nexus 4

A couple progress pics of the sway bar I stall, still need to wait for the shocks so it can all be ironed out for clearances

And sliders

A few progress pics....

The beast is back

Thanks!

I was messing around with a couple things today so I thought id snap some pics.

I still need to paint and order a few new adjustable clamps for the resis

We painted the forklift and decided to play around a bit

Made it to the beach late last night and setup quickly and sleep like a baby for the first night in our RTT

The trailer towed great all the way down to pismo and tracked perfectly. Surprisingly I had excellent gas mileage all the way down at 15.1 miles per gallon which would be good without even towing and having the
    truck loaded with all the gear. Definitely a pleasant surprise!

Had a great several days in pismo and on Sunday we packed up and headed up highway 1 to morro bay stayed a night then headed up highway 1 all the way home

Stopped at nepenthe in big sir for a cocktail

Then stopped at the river inn at big sur for some apps

Roadside vista

And this morning I broke down the trailer to bring to the body shop for final paint

Thanks to dawgrunner for the great idea for the cargo floor I copied his design and made a floor for myself out of 11 ply finished pine and carpeted it with some marine carpet. Bolted down my fridge slide amd my tie down rails and I'm good to go!

Among a few other small things I did was replace my old set of led turn signals. They were too sunken back and you could barely see them so I found a great set from superbrightleds.com the mount on the triangular pattern for the sw bumper and they protrude thru the hole for better visibility

I haven't been able to reinstall my skid plates because I stripped some welded nuts on the inside of the tranny cross member so I removed the cross member today and grinded down all the rust and welded in new coupler nuts to support the skids, just need to paint it and them reinstall and I can get the skids back in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast