Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20140131(JAN31) Death valley

Im up for suggestions. I just think its going to take 10 more days to see it all so i want to start biting off chunks. The other itinerary has a pretty fast pace unless we never get out of the trucks. Mengel pass messes up things too since i dont know if all the trucks could go east to west on whatever it looks likenow. Pleasant canyon could be tied to another trip... UE open trip?? :-)

Potential itinerary change to have a better chance at a cabin

DAY1
    Pleasant Canyon 930ishAM start up to the closed bridge and back.
    Camping at dusk possibly by a cabin if one is open.
    Day 2
    Start 8am
    head down pleasent canyon
    Stop in at Ballrat and say hi to the Rockie who looks over the place.
    up Goler canyon and over Mengel pass
    Camp at dusk possibly by cabin if one is open.
    Day3
    Start 8am
    Harry Wade rd
    Saratoga springs (pup fish and a historic mule team watering hole)
    Ibex dunes (cant drive on them)
    Ibex mine
    lunch in Baker(Mad Greek? Sooo good!)

The changes are to day1. There is alot to see in pleasant canyon so a earlier start up there is optimal. Also the change allows the "torch party" (thurday night group) to have a very good chance of securing a cabin for thur and friday night that everyone can enjoy. Fish canyon is a interesting drive for historical value and getting off the pavement quicker, but it was an easy cut against a better chance at a cabin and more time in pleasant canyon. This poses some issue for both thursday night people, and friday morning people so more directions and info will be worked out.
    Last edited by troyboy162; 09-22-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Fourth spot still open? I'm interested.

davantalus from Mojave underground?

Davantalus from Underground Explorers! Two Jeeps versus two 4Runners...
    Underground Explorers
    Abandoned Mine Exploration
    www.undergroundexplorers.com
    www.facebook.com/undergroundexplorers

haha OHH perfect! Dave's good to go! Should be a great time out there. The only problem is its so friggen far away from now.

When I was in DV a few months ago, no fuel was available at Scotty's Castle. Stovepipe Wells was cash only (temp. I think). Furnace Creek was the only place I could get gas and use a credit card.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

damn that must have been a little scary for anyone running low.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    haha OHH perfect! Dave's good to go! Should be a great time out there. The only problem is its so friggen far away from now.
    Woot! Excited.

(Not so excited about deep pinstripes on the new rig, but I'll live.)

Sweet. Sounds killer and I can't wait! I'm down for pretty much any type of terrain as long as there's a winch in front of me (see: "The Whole 'Bernardino). Ideally, I'll plan to make Thursday a super late night of driving after work to meet up with you guys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast