Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy from NC

New Guy from NC

Hello All,

I name is Alex Quist and I hale from Zebulon, NC. I own a 1991 Pickup with a 22re, currently awaiting a transplant. I am happy to be here and look forward to talking with everyone as I start on my Yota project. 91 pickup fire dept.jpgNew Shift Knobs.JPG
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

Welcome Alex! Glad to have you here!

What are you planning to swap in? Another 22re? 5vz-fe, 2jz? or how about that V-12 from the JDM Crown?!

Truck looks pretty clean from that photo, but what's up with the light bar? I know I would get arrested and probably shot in California with that thing!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I want to keep it a 22re, but a strong one. Might lift it, haven't decided yet. The light bar is for the fire dept. Im a volunteer firefighter, here in NC fire is red and law enforcement is blue. Cant wait to get her on the road!
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

Figured you were volunteer fire when I looked at your screen name again. Sounds like a plan. Lifting those is pretty easy with some ball joint spacers up front and some taller springs out back. I would avoid lift blocks and cranking the torsion bars. Might be cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

New 22re would be much easier to put in. I don't know much about the specifics, but I know you can build one with a decent amount of power.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thats the plan. I want to spend the money, do it right, and make it powerful and bulletproof. Not sure about the lift, I kinda like it stock. But we'll see when we get there. Hey bro, by the way, you know where I can get a factory bench seat? Im too tall for miata seats mounted straight to the floor. 😁
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

Wish I did. You could try ebay or even www.car-part.com. Otherwise, maybe some of your local junk yards or some of the classifieds on the bigger forums.

Yeah. Every time I do a google search I get seatCOVERS. 😡 I need a seat first. Lol.
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

toss "-cover" without the quotes at the end of your google search terms.

Ok. Thanks man. I'll try that.
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

Welcome Alex! glad to see some more members!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast