Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from SoCal

New from SoCal

Hi, Thought I would join after meeting some members at the Pismo Jambo this year. I'm out in Chino Hills, so anyone local hit me up if you want wheel. It's getting late so I'll end this with a pic of the past and a pic of the current. Hope to see you all on the trails!

My old rig:

My new rig:

Welcome! Nice having more SoCal members! Stay tuned for the coming desert season!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

great another wheeler on the forums! We get a few runs going on here and have alot of fun.

Welcome! Nice to see another SoCal member on here!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Thanks for the welcome guys. I was without 4wd for 6 years, so it's like getting back on the bike. Been hitting some local trails to learn the capabilities of my truck, which continues to amaze me. I have some front fender rub issues to work out, but I'm thinking about hitting up Pilot rock next Sunday. Might be as simple as some more minor trimming and getting the caster pulled forward a few degrees to eliminate the rubbing. I do a lot of big Bear runs since the mountain is in my backyard. My all time favorite expo run is the Mojave Preserve. Having the Mojave bible, a graphed topo map and my Ram mounted tablet with loaded topo maps makes it a great place to explore. Look forward to meeting you guys on the trails!

We do our annual Mojave trip in March. Post about that should pop up in the next 2 months. This year, the trip will be a bit different, so we might do some scouting Nov-Feb. which I will post about when/if that happens. Might have another proper MRE to do this winter as well.

Now that you have a proper 4wd, we will have to do a snow run in Big Bear this winter as well. I usually just hit up the main fire roads and enjoy the snow, no crazy trails or anything like that.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

You read my mind, I can't wait for the winter season to do some snow runs. Also, let me know if you plan to do any preruns of Mojave, I haven't been able to make it out there for a few years now.

Welcome BajaRunner. I was admiring your winch install at Pismo. It's super clean and looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Welcome BajaRunner. I was admiring your winch install at Pismo. It's super clean and looks great.
    Thank you Sir! I actually got to use it out there to rescue my friend stuck off camber on a dune. Its a great alternative if you don't want to go with a steel front bumper. For me I like the stealth look. I spent a lot of time measuring and taping off before cutting with a a cutt off wheel on my dremel.

Ran Pilot Rock yesterday.
    http://vimeo.com/77380393
    Last edited by BajaRunner; 10-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast