Thread: 2 Single DIN units in a double DIN hole

2 Single DIN units in a double DIN hole

I have asked this question before other places and never really got a good answer. In my '91 pickup, I have a double din hole. I would like to mount a single DIN stereo and a scanner that is DIN mountable in the same hole. Does anybody know if there is a kit to do this? Or, if anyone has done it and knows a good way to do it, I'm all ears. I don't want it to look like it was installed with a chainsaw, a more professional look is preferred. I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

If you have a double DIN slot and are mounting DIN sized components all the work is done for you. It gets hard when you're cramming non DIN sized stuff in there.

Here is a shot of a modified stereo bracket for my old CB.

Here is a single band non DIN sized radio. I used the same bracket as above, just bent it some more and put more holes in it. I made a filler plate out of some scrap metal and added a USB charging port to take up the blank spot.

I've done something similar with my dual band radio. This radio is not DIN sized. Its got shaped sheet metal behind there holding it in the spot I wanted it.

Very Nice Work! Thats exactly what Im tryin to do with a stereo and a scanner.
    -Alex Quist
    -91 Pickup 4x4

Back when I had my '90 4Runner, I had a DIN sized CB mounted below my 1 DIN CD player. It fit great, although I did have to dremel about 1/16 off of either side of the plastic surround piece to make it fit right.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD