Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T100 LCA brace

T100 LCA brace

So, has anyone ever adapted a T100 LCA brace to fit the regular trucks and 4Runners? I've never seen one up close, so I have no idea how it mounts, but I'd be curious to know what gauge steel they used and how they mounted it.

Just for peace of mind, I'd like to put something back there on my truck, but all the aftermarket ones I've found seem kind of overkill. The truck is no powerhouse to begin with, so every pound added makes a difference.
    1987 XtraCab DLX 22R 4WD 5 Speed Manual

Ive never seen one. Whats it look like?

My understanding is that since the T100 is based on a widened 86-95 frame, they decided to put braces across both of the lower control arm mounts instead of just the front part like they did on the regular trucks.

I keep looking around for a good one to buy, then I realized I should just see how the factory did it, and maybe design something off of that.

I've come across a few of the aftermarket ones, they all seem to be way overkill.

I suppose you could probably take a T100 brace and shorten it by cutting out the middle (or where appropriate) and weld it back together with some fish plates.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

why, they make them already
    where is the link to the t100 brace, cant imagine it being any different other than length
    http://www.sdori.com/SDORI_Products.html
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by toyotech View Post
    why, they make them already
    where is the link to the t100 brace, cant imagine it being any different other than length
    http://www.sdori.com/SDORI_Products.html

As I said before, all the aftermarket ones seem kind of overkill, SDORI included. I'm not lifted or running bigger tires, mostly I just want it for frame strength, and to be able to extend the skid plate underneath. Plus, it looks like SDORI's webpage hasn't been updated in 4 years, are they even still in business?

that thing looks easy to make. Give it a shot and see what you can do.

I agree with Troy. And like you said, you're no powerhouse so it doesn't have to be overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by stock87 View Post
    As I said before, all the aftermarket ones seem kind of overkill, SDORI included. I'm not lifted or running bigger tires, mostly I just want it for frame strength, and to be able to extend the skid plate underneath. Plus, it looks like SDORI's webpage hasn't been updated in 4 years, are they even still in business?
    have you ever removed the front factory brace, its just as heavy as the aftermarket ones so it must be over overkill as well?

what do you have against buying a premade brace. i dont think any company is gonna do it any different with thinner metal know what the main reason the brace is for to begin with

is the t-100 version less over kill? all these braces doesnt take much engineering to make... is it the price? if you want a weaker brace but yet attach a skid plate to it, i think the pre made ones is not overkill at all.

here is another company that makes it

http://www.chaosfab.com/86-95-4WD-Pi...cessories.html
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

I think I can shed some light on this, after all I have a T100 lol.

The brace is similar in idea to SDORI and others, it is made of pretty decently thick steel and Im sure you could chop one up and make it work. If anything it is nothing more than a piece of 1/8" thick C channel steel. Heck I could make one In probably an hour with some c-channel from the hardware store.

I very much doubt you will find the part readily in yards and Im sure even if toyota has them they are $$$$. Just to find a rear axle for my truck and d-shaft they came off the same truck in PA. Not alot of these trucks left out there, there never were that many to begin with either.
    Last edited by CJM; 10-23-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast