Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
I have to agree with Adam, if it wasn't the ugliest car for sale today, maybe they would sell more.
Toyota has a problem with ugly across much of the Toyota/Lexus lineup.

I am not sure how other manufacturers are going to compete with Tesla on this one. The Chevy Bolt will beat the Tesla Model 3 to market, but it costs more, has less range, certainly isn't sexy and lacks Tesla's charging network. The new Nissan Leaf is coming too, but I don't expect it to compete in the same class, which means somehow they will have it price it really low. When you figure the Model 3 only costs $600 more than the 84 mile Leaf I have, Nissan will have to double the battery capacity, make it far better looking AND cut the price just to compete. I hadn't planned to make a deposit, but after I saw the car and read reviews of people that have driven the pre-production Model 3s, I knew I had to at least throw my name in the pile. I don't buy cars willy-nilly, but I think this one will be a game-changer and if the financials make sense, I will go through with it.

All we know is:
-$35k before rebates (currently $10k, but will be lower as time goes on)
-Minimum 215 miles of range (dual motor AWD versions are more efficient and have greater range)
- 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds in slowest version
- 5 star safety rating
- Tesla supercharger access
- Optional dual motor AWD
- Optional crazy fast models

I just hope Tesla can pull this one off.