Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: electric cars catching on?

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    I have one year left on this car and the jury is out whether or not I replace it with another EV. The 2017 Leaf should have 200+ miles of range, the Chevy Bolt will too, and the Tesla Model III is coming late '17. I am not willing to pay much more than I am now for my lease, so if the new tech costs too much I will go back to driving the 4Runner.
    This is surprising to read. Your initial posts on your Leaf in this forum is what got me looking into BEVs in the first place, and I have been doing a ton of reading in the Tesla forums. It seems like most people enjoy the driving experience of an EV so much that it would be hard to go back. Could you really go back to daily driving the 4Runner after 3 years in an EV, even if they cost more than your current lease?

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    This is surprising to read. Your initial posts on your Leaf in this forum is what got me looking into BEVs in the first place, and I have been doing a ton of reading in the Tesla forums. It seems like most people enjoy the driving experience of an EV so much that it would be hard to go back. Could you really go back to daily driving the 4Runner after 3 years in an EV, even if they cost more than your current lease?
    I would miss the EV ownership greatly. Our family is one income now and additional costs over what we pay now would be difficult to manage. I still contend that I will not ever buy another internal combustion car.

I still contend that I will not ever buy another internal combustion car.
    *cough* bullsh!t *cough*

Your statement better not be true.

^^

I would make an exception for a big-block powered daily driver derby car, only I'm keeping it your house Mike.

I have to admit, I chuckled.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

A Tesla Model S is finally within my financial reach.
    Do it!

After contemplating for what seems like forever, I've crossed over and leased an ev. Fiat is offering their 500e for $99/month and I couldn't resist. A coworker of mine told me about taking advantage of the deal yesterday morning and 36 hours later, I drove home in one of my own.
    Even with insurance figured in, I'll be paying less (or at least the same) for the Fiat than for gas in my 4Runner and I won't have to deal with the roar of my off road tires, tippy handling and less than optimal braking. Plus, we now have a vehicle we don't mind using to teach my step-daughter to drive in.
    AND, I should be able to get 3-4 days of commuting in before I recharge the car at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!

I would already have one if I could charge at work. I might get one when the next generation comes out in 2 years or so.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee914 View Post
    After contemplating for what seems like forever, I've crossed over and leased an ev. Fiat is offering their 500e for $99/month and I couldn't resist. A coworker of mine told me about taking advantage of the deal yesterday morning and 36 hours later, I drove home in one of my own.
    Even with insurance figured in, I'll be paying less (or at least the same) for the Fiat than for gas in my 4Runner and I won't have to deal with the roar of my off road tires, tippy handling and less than optimal braking. Plus, we now have a vehicle we don't mind using to teach my step-daughter to drive in.
    AND, I should be able to get 3-4 days of commuting in before I recharge the car at work!
    Nice! I pay double what you're paying and it still makes financial sense. Anxious to hear your driving impressions.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast