Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Lexus CT facelift is...

Avy, are there mechanical differences between the CT and the Prius? I've always wondered. I love the way the older ones look; particularly the white ones with the graphite wheels.

I saw these hatchback Mercedes A250s last month when I was in Europe, and thought they were pretty cool. Kinda reminds me of the CT.

Last edited by paddlenbike; 11-23-2013 at 06:40 PM.

its just a Hybrid Matrix. for the longest time i didnt know it was FWD lol
    be cool if they did a IS350 wagon hybrid
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Keith will have to chime in on this if he is still lurking,
    Mechanically the CT and Prius are the same, at least drive train wise, all else is different.
    but when it comes to the drive train, I think the CT has a different program.

I imagine CT has a much better tuned suspension, likely a different gear ratio (more "sporty" feel) and definately a different engine management program. I suspect that the regenerative braking is different as well.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

My wife and I were interested in the CT200 F-Sport version when we were car shopping, beautiful car, but when I saw the redesigned one this morning I couldn't help but think the new front end is a major downgrade. What is Toyota thinking with all their new cars and trucks? Thankfully Subaru must be keeping Toyota in check with the Scion FRS, because it's their only good looking car.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of new cars coming out that I like. There wasn't a whole lot I was in love with in 2012 when we were shopping, but the new Hondas are gorgeous, the Accord sport is nice along with the 2 door and the Civic Si, the 2015 Subaru wrx, some of the latest Nissans and Fords, pretty much everyone but Toyota has something new that I like.

Sorry, just my bored rambling from jury duty... (still haven't been called).

New Mazda 6 is nice. Wish they made a wagon. I also like the new Focus.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I forgot to mention the new Mazdas, we like those too.

Ooh, and Sean, they do make Mazda 6 wagons, just not here because apparently here in the U.S. we don't like wagons.

The shape looks a lot like our TSX wagon, only with bolder wheels.

Exactly Ken. That is an amazing looking vehicle, but instead we get the CX5 (which isn't bad but meh)

My sister has a manual trans Mazda 3, and it drives really nice. Much sportier than the competing Corolla, Focus or even the Civic, although probably not to Civic Si level.

The only thing that might hold me back on a new Mazda is direct injection. But I'm guessing they all have it by now.

If the Mazda 6 diesel ever makes it, I'd be tempted to buy one as a DD. The new Subarus are really nice too, except for the stupid CVTs.

As for new Toyotas, the new 2015 Camry looks really good, but I'm already bored with the new Corolla. The LED headlights are awesome though. The Avalon is a gorgeous car, at least to me anyways. I actually really like the Toyota Venza, but I wish it had better fuel economy.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast