Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Lexus CT facelift is...

Subaru has just about everything I want in a vehicle except that stupid CVT. I will not purchase one.

The Skyactive D looks like it's going to be a winner, and I suspect they will bring it state side just for the CAFE numbers. I also really like that i-Eloop or whatever their capacitor kit is called. It charges during deceleration (I think from the alternator) and then it is used to power the vehicle while the alternator is decoupled from the engine (like an AC clutch). Sounds like it works pretty darn well, too.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Meh, in regards to most of the previous conversion in this thread, I just can't get excited about much that has been offered in the last 15 years. Nice vehicles for sure, but so beige, although I do like the new dash layout on the very brand-spanking new is250/350 (clicky)

Working at the dealership, I've driven just about every Lexus model. My favorites? is300 and the old sc400 (even though it weighed a metric shit-ton). Favorite hybrid? The GS450h is an absolute rocket, they didn't make a V8 hybrid to save fuel, but rather to get that off-the-line instant torque that electric motors are good for.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    My sister has a manual trans Mazda 3, and it drives really nice. Much sportier than the competing Corolla, Focus or even the Civic, although probably not to Civic Si level.

The only thing that might hold me back on a new Mazda is direct injection. But I'm guessing they all have it by now.
    I would love me some Mazda Speed 3 - got to drive one that was traded at work, and can say it seemed like it would be fun to flog on.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Toyota does it again with the ugly styling. Here is the new Prius, straight from Toyota's own website.

Is it just me, or is this absolutely hideous? It looks terrible from every angle. Every proportion is just wrong.

By far the ugliest new car this year.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

All I can think.
    1265607118-frew_up.jpg
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

That's what I thought too. Why does toyota insist on uglifying everything.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
    That's what I thought too. Why does toyota insist on uglifying everything.
    It really makes you wonder how these design ideas even make it past the first drawing. No doubt there is a huge team of designers, engineers and overseeing managers working on this, so it's not like this is a result of just one guy with terrible taste...

I often wondered what one of my turds would look like in blue.....

The only reason I can think this would get passed is it tested well in the wind tunnel and even that's pretty weak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    It really makes you wonder how these design ideas even make it past the first drawing. No doubt there is a huge team of designers, engineers and overseeing managers working on this, so it's not like this is a result of just one guy with terrible taste...
    Are you sure? I saw the simpsons...

It's probably design by committee.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
    Are you sure? I saw the simpsons...
    The result. Great episode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast