Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am back....

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Kickouts are great for pivoting around a rock, especially on tight trails where the difference in tracks from front to rear mean the rear ends up trying to climb a bolder it cannot.
    I'd want them for the pivoting part. A couple of times now I've slid most of the length on the slider only for the rock to end up in my fender flare. I've got some flare scrapes but they are lower profile than the Limited flares and black so it's not too bad. The kick outs would make it a little easier for the kids to climb in as well. My daughter loves wearing cowgirl boots and they are pointy and slippery enough to make it a little tough. I had to remove some of the grip tape at her door because it was cutting up her leg/knee and messing up her clothes.

welcome back, mark!

I like the kickouts on these sliders because they are not too big...I think the All-Pro ones are way overkill.

Thanks Bob!
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

I am actually a little surprised, given some of the issues I had, but my 4Xinnovations sliders have taken a lot of beating, and are holding up fine (mine are DOM). I got the kickouts as well! Super handy in the rocks.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    I am actually a little surprised, given some of the issues I had, but my 4Xinnovations sliders have taken a lot of beating, and are holding up fine (mine are DOM). I got the kickouts as well! Super handy in the rocks.
    I came here to post "Well, there goes the neighborhood..", thinking that you started this thread.

So... nevermind.

Had a chance to paint and install the RCI skidplates that have been sitting in my garage for a few weeks....

1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Looks great! Let's go scrape the hell out of em!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123