Hey all,

I know most of you seem to have ARs, but I wonder if there's any AK fans out here. I've pretty much given up for now on building my AR for now. I own a MAK-90 that I purchased right before the GWB 1's AWB ban. I've read the hell out of the 922R federal law in order to "de-fang" it and build it with some more shall we say "ergonomically friendly" features, namely a pistol grip. Living in Kalifornia-stan, I would need to add a bullet button too. To be extra safe, I should by some US built mags too.

I'll post pictures later, but for all you AK builders out there (specifically non-threaded MAK-90s), the evil parts count of foreign parts is 15. I need to get it down to 10 or less. There's a great worksheet that I can't post from my trabajo, but basically my plan is to replace the following:

- Tapco G2 trigger group (minus 3 parts from the 15 above)
- US built stock set. I plan to make mine look more like a non-traditional look like an Israeli Galil and looking at Ace Ltd's stock set (minus 2). Lots of people seem to like Ironwood's designs of the traditional wood stock, so that's a 2nd option.
- Adding a bullet button. Haven't researched that.
- Buying some polymer magazines. I think Tapco makes them but I read they are so-so. I believe I read Intratec makes them too. Unfortunately 10 rounders will be the largest mags I can buy. FYI, if i use my Chinese mags, that adds back three to the parts count so I'd be out of compliance. Fawk the govt's stupid laws!

So I got the Tapco G2 trigger group and I also bought a Red Star shepherd's hook (doesn't deduct evil points) and waiting on some polishing heads to polish certain faces on the trigger group parts. I need to purchase a bullet button contraption. Any AK builders out there recommend one?

Fun, fun minus all this compliance bull####.