Thread: What did Santa get for you this Christmas?

What did Santa get for you this Christmas?

Hi folks,

Well I finally did it, I always wanted one of these rowers and after about a year and half of doing Crossfit (stopped about 5 months ago), I was sold that this was the rower to buy. I bought the Concept 2 D rower with the PM4 monitor which will allow me to gauge my heart rate while using it.

As you can see, Ken (paddlenbike) has a side job modeling rowers!

What did Santa get you this Christmas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What zone can you hold in a typical work out? I know rowers are a good work out but it seems like you'd have a lower heart rate than other activities. I know it's not full on cardio but was interested. I wear a chest strap that my Garmin reads for all my rides but a power meter is where the true data is.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    What zone can you hold in a typical work out? I know rowers are a good work out but it seems like you'd have a lower heart rate than other activities. I know it's not full on cardio but was interested. I wear a chest strap that my Garmin reads for all my rides but a power meter is where the true data is.
    Mike,

When I did crossfit, we never used the HR monitors b/c we either did it for time or for distance. I know you can get a pretty good workout from rowing. Very eager to get this. I had some health issues this past 1/2 of the year so I was told to choose my workouts wisely and rowing seemed to fit the bill. No heavy lifting, so crossfit was out.