Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual UY Mojave Road Expedition - March 14-16, 2014

Sean, thanks. I'm going to start with removing the FTC-1 that I put on with the supercharger all those years ago. The codes for today were crank sensor and cam sensor (simultaneously.) While it may be possible for both to die at once, it's a lot cheaper to de-install the FTC and try to run for a while then it is to replace both sensors.

After that, probably replace plugs and wires, and restore the injectors to stock. But that's all noise for another thread.

I hope you guys have a great trip, and that I can join you next year for Mojave, or some other trip that comes up!
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Thanks! Good luck on the truck. I forgot you were SC'd, start with those things. Wire problems usually come up with a misfire code if anything at all, so I think going after the FTC-1 is a good starting point.

The trip will be basically repeated this time next year. November I am thinking of doing something fun. Maybe a Cactus to Coast run, we'll see.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by scottiac View Post
    Sean, thanks. I'm going to start with removing the FTC-1 that I put on with the supercharger all those years ago. The codes for today were crank sensor and cam sensor (simultaneously.) While it may be possible for both to die at once, it's a lot cheaper to de-install the FTC and try to run for a while then it is to replace both sensors.

After that, probably replace plugs and wires, and restore the injectors to stock. But that's all noise for another thread.

I hope you guys have a great trip, and that I can join you next year for Mojave, or some other trip that comes up!
    Scott, I agree with the FTC removal and going back to stock injectors. That setup has a lot of headaches and makes it difficult for a mechanic to diagnose. I am out of town this weekend but happy to help you in any way I can. These are very well-built trucks...we just need to do the things mechanics don't take the time to do and do a full maintenance sweep--remove, check and clean the IAC, clean the TB and MAF, new plugs and wires, perhaps have the stock injectors cleaned by witch hunter (solved a bunch of problems for Bob).

still no word on shocks so I'm out for now

No bueno. Send me a text if things change.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    still no word on shocks so I'm out for now
    That sucks Troy. Meet up with us Saturday night if you can.

OK, I'm mostly packed and I'll be antsy to get going for the next 24 hours. I'll see you all (whoever's left!) tomorrow night at camp #2.

Sounds good JD. We are about 1 hour out from leaving, just finalizing the last bit of food and such.

Mike and Stuart are about half way there, with an ETA of 6pm. Our ETA is 5ish, maybe earlier.

We got here pretty early, filled up, ate with Mike, Stuart, and Joe, and now I'm about to fall asleep. Weather looks good, a low moved through today unexpectedly, but I don't think any rain fell.

Plan is to depart Avi at 830 and start the trail.

Again, big thanks to Mike and Stuart for driving all the way from Sac. Oh, and we miss you Ken.

Ah, thanks Sean, haha. I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip when you get back.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast