Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual UY Mojave Road Expedition - March 14-16, 2014

That is the ultimate solution for me. I was never really happy with how bright (or not bright) my LED 3rd was. I will replace it with something better, and include one of those resistors.

If they are the 25 watt resistors, they get a bit hotter than a 25 watt bulb, since all of the energy is dissipated as heat, as apposed to ~90% with a bulb, the rest being light.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Oh and Sunday is going to be hot. Close to 90 as a high. Saturday won't be much cooler, mid 80's. At least there is no rain!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

And then there were 5... lol.

Troy, is Sheena coming along? And I drew a penis on your car and I'm not sorry.

JD, bringing Victoria? Kids?

Major Santa Ana event for Wednesday, but it looks like it will die down by Thursday and Friday.

http://www.southerncaliforniaweather...-wind-warning/
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 03-11-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post

Troy, is Sheena coming along? And I drew a penis on your car and I'm not sorry.

JD, bringing Victoria? Kids?
    X2 on the above information. Marin is now on the fence but I'm still in the game. If there were a couple of kids it would sway her towards going quite a bit. She also doesn't want to be home alone with them for 4 days.

Latest weather indicates lower than anticipated temps for Saturday and Sunday, approaching the mid 80's, 5 or 6 degrees cooler than reported earlier. This should make it much more comfortable.

Mike, if you drop out on me, I will hurt you so bad.

Your beating may feel like a massage compared to one administered by a wife.

No kids, most likely no Victoria, especially as she's going away the entire following weekend. She has a bachelorette weekend in Miami... Quite a bit different

Oh man, tough night. For the most part the decision has been made that it's just going to be me, no wife and kids this trip.

We had been packing the last few nights but more and more as people dropped out things started to change. Long story short all the kid preps will be for a camping trip we have next month. There is no shortage of family camping/wheeling and we already have 3 other trips planned this year but the MR is too far to trek a 2 and 5 year old.

I owe my wife big time and there is still no guarantee I won't come home to rumble. She and the kids have been wanting chickens (as pets and egg makers, not food/meat) so guess what I may have agreed to while under pressure? While we mulled it over I made sure the kids got their marshmallow roasting in a few days early.

So Sean, the 4x4Mike group will just 1 with plans to sleep in the 4Runner or a small tent. I'll be driving down with Stuart and his co-worker buddy Joe. We've got reservations at the Avi and I plan on beating feet back home after Afton.

Sounds good. We will miss the wife and kids, but I completely understand. After this trip, you will have a better idea of what to expect for the fam next time. Like I told Ken, it's an annual trip and will be there next year, as well as a trip in November.

Tell Marin thanks for me. And you might want to pick up some chickens on the way home...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Sounds good. We will miss the wife and kids, but I completely understand. After this trip, you will have a better idea of what to expect for the fam next time. Like I told Ken, it's an annual trip and will be there next year, as well as a trip in November.
    I feel terrible that I had to bail, but I couldn't leave my pregnant wife at home by herself on her 30th birthday. She's fighting the morning sickness/nausea, which means the trip is a no-go for her. I hope to catch up with you guys soon. It's sad seeing the 4Runner in the garage all geared-up with no place to go...
    Ken

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast