Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual UY Mojave Road Expedition - March 14-16, 2014

Perfect! I'd look around and see if you can find some very gently used ones. Sticker shock still has not worn off!

Hey, would your friend Stuart be interested in joining? I know he doesn't visit or post much.

Goes out to the rest of you, anyone else interested?!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Hey, would your friend Stuart be interested in joining? I know he doesn't visit or post much.
    I believe I have Stuart talked into it. They had a camping trip planned the following weekend but I believe they moved it. Let's go ahead and put him on the list.

Stuart +1

BTW, on Friday he bought another 3rd gen. Found a 5-speed e-locker.

Goes out to the rest of you, anyone else interested?!
    Paging Bob and Lance, paging Bob and Lance!!

Sweet! I'll add him to the first post.

Lance, perfect LC run! We are going to drive on that cider cone we drove on last time you were out there!

Bob, It would be a complete trip if you made it!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I would love to come as it really isnt far from me. I live in the 29 palms area. I think I have a lot of work during that time but I can't say whether I can make it at this point. I'm planning to get forced out this year (well not planning but expecting)

stamped and snail mailed
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    What do you know about the rotopax? It looks like you can buy them in the U.S.
    http://rotopax.com/3-Gallon-Packs/
    I bought a Rotopax after they were at Pismo the other year. I think it was Kevin that won a 4 gallon one. I had already been eyeballing one and after playing around with one I bought a 4 gallon red one. It was around the time I built my roof rack so I built my rack around my two Scepter water cans, travel table and the rotopax. The pax and the table were about the same length so that was nice. At the time they didn't sell the mounting thingys which is fine because they are pricey. I used giant washers and wingnut for the pax and the Scepters.

I mounted the pax once and but never used it on an offroad trip. I drove with it once to Solvang from my house and ended up using the fuel before I got there. It was an impulse purchase and after using it in my shed for lawn equipment I sold it to a local woman from Expo. The idea is nice but the container didn't fit my needs. It's an awkward shape and even full it doesn't keep it's shape. I looked into the Klopin ones but never bought one. It appears they have a stiffer design but it's still flat so the deformation is still possible.

One of the issues with the deformation is that on rough roads if it changes shape it doesn't hold still. My Scepter cans do that so I built more of a cage for them.

I originally wanted the two smaller ones that interlock just incase I only wanted to pack one. I also thought it would be easier to store and use for the lawn equipment, which was the excuse I used to buy it. Turns out I wouldn't be able to mount the two interlocked, laying down like I wanted so I got the 4 gallon which was cheaper. With my sale proceeds I bought a metal Blitz can which is a more useful 5 gallons, won't get a hole worn in it packed down and can be stored inside without fear of leaking or deforming.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 01-26-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Lance, perfect LC run! We are going to drive on that cider cone we drove on last time you were out there!

Bob, It would be a complete trip if you made it!
    Yeah Lance and Bob. Lance, bring the family. Maggie could babysit.

I've gotta go to a birthday party for my best friend's son and daughter so unfortunately I am out. I did consider it until I saw the birthday party date get set and then I knew this event was out for me boo hoo and friends having kid's parties on the same day!

Will miss you guys! Btw the LC is not an offroading vehicle That's my mall cruiser that sees only Pismo sand. that way it stays clear of pin-striping and other obscure scratches that I may encounter on the trails! haha
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Bummer!

Seems like there are a lot of Birthdays in March! People must like getting busy in June!

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    If you're using ~16 gallons in the truck + ~8 gallons of extra, you're burning ~24 gallons in 200 miles? That's only 8 mpg. Just curious...
    Geeez!! Okay, I stop complaining about my MPG, right now! LOL... I was bitching because I get ~12.8. I have seen it in the 14 MPG's on highways when I'm cruising 65 - 70 mph.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast