Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual UY Mojave Road Expedition - March 14-16, 2014

That Whole 'Bernardino trip, I got 7mpg for the whole trip, which means I got something like 4mpg offroad or less.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    That Whole 'Bernardino trip, I got 7mpg for the whole trip, which means I got something like 4mpg offroad or less.
    WHAT?!?! I'm shocked you go anywhere that is not in "line of sight" of a gas station... puahahaha!!!
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

lol. Highway, I am usually around 16 or 17. I get 21 if I do 55 and no hills. Usually, off road I get 10ish.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wow, that's a huge drop. My worst mileage offroad is Pismo but that's expected. Even 50 or 60 miles in Red Rock my mileage wasn't that bad. I should probably keep better records to look back on these kind of things.

I

I was shocked that even after driving the 60 or so miles of highway back, my mpg was 7! how the hell?!

Back on the topic of the trip. I expect everyone to have completed one of these: http://www.ultimateyota.com/entry.ph...ncy-Info-Sheet

I will not check, but you really should have it. I will add that to the first post as well.

If something happens to me you're going to have to get my information off my underwear as that's where I've written everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    I should probably keep better records to look back on these kind of things.
    I showed this to Mike earlier today. I can login to the Nissan telematics website and see driving statistics for my Leaf.

I have never seen anything like it. I can click on a calendar day and it will tell me how many miles I drove that day, how many kilowatts of electricity I used and some other statistics I don't really care about. There is only a week worth of data here because that's when I bought the car.

So on the day shown, January 22, 2014, I drove 45.3 miles and used 10.2 kilowatts of electricity. I pay 10.2 cents per kilowatt, so the car cost me 10.2kw x 0.102 = $1.04 to drive 45.3 miles.

I could care less about this info for the Leaf since it's so cheap to drive, but I would LOVE something like this for the 4Runner.

A little offtopic, but when the subject of keeping records came up, I had to share! I'm sure there are smartphone apps that can do something similar.

Back on topic, the form seems like a good idea.
    Last edited by paddlenbike; 01-27-2014 at 04:26 PM.

I wonder if torque pro will do something similar. That is way cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I wonder if torque pro will do something similar. That is way cool!
    If torque pro can read injector pulse width through a BT OBDII connection, then I suppose it could do something similar.

BTW, I saw this today and thought to myself "what a perfect roof rack for Mojave!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome rack!

I'll have to look into the logging capabilities of torque pro. Might work with newer vehicle, I notice some things don't show up from the 4runner due to the older computer.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast