Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MPG woes

Hmmmm I will give it a shot. For now mine isn't leaking with the Lucas but I am keeping an eye on it.

Seems like the new exhaust system recovered a lot of my gas mileage. Time will tell though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

So far so good. I just finished up my timing belt service, no leaks while it was sitting over a month and no leaks in the few days of driving it.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

So Sean, the Lucas kept you from buying a new rack? IIRC it was leaking pretty bad. Great if it works.

Mike,

I used the below product from ATP. It came highly recommend form the 100 forum on Mud. So far it seems to be working well. No new drips from the torn boots, and I haven't had to add fluid since doing it. If it gives me another year or two out of the rack, great. I don't have a reason to replace it other than the leak, so hopefully this works for the long haul.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

That's right. I saw Lucas in John's post so I forgot.

Good to hear it's holding.

Next project is ditching the fenders and doing butyl rubber in the wheel wells. I did the inner splash guards but ie noticed that the plastic liners are showing wear.

Another chapter for the monstaliner will be had. It still looks great but the touch up will be nice. Same deal as before with the stock color being used. I'm taking off the hood and the rear hatch this time.

There's some peeling in a few small areas and just some tape area where it didn't clean up nicely. Another gallon will do it some good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I had mine (especially the horizontal surfaces) fade out a bit. I was going to try to wax it, just never have time to do so.

Wax the Monsterliner?!?

I would imagine it would be very hard to get it off the surface. What about spraying on a product like 303 protectant?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Wax the Monsterliner?!?

I would imagine it would be very hard to get it off the surface. What about spraying on a product like 303 protectant?
    I'm with Mike on this. Wax doesn't seem like it would work very well.

Stamped and snailmailed from a secret location
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567