Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MPG woes

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    As I was told by someone some time recently, we need to stop expecting reliability from these older higher mileage vehicles...
    I sympathize though, at least it not an engine issue this time?
    I agree totally but I also have to remember that while I have spent 700 for parts (including the clutch system replacement) and bled very little during repairs, that a car payment is a LOT more expensive than 700 annually(cross your fingers for me). Plus I am using it as a DD so the reliability is 2 weeks out of the year downtime. That probably still beats any of the big 3 with newer vehicles.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Welcome to the club. Mine is currently pissing itself in the driveway. Some major coolant leak, I am thinking water pump since the front of the bottom of the engine is wet. It literally never ends...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sucks guys.

John, is it still crazy winter there or will your working conditions be better than last time?

Sean, 3rd gen or Lexus?

3rd gen. Drove it for a week then parked it for the weekend. Came home Monday to find a huge puddle. I am not pleased.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Sucks guys.

John, is it still crazy winter there or will your working conditions be better than last time?

Sean, 3rd gen or Lexus?
    I was working in the rain this time lol. It is getting better or it was till the clutch fork snapped. It's going into the shop. I just don't have the equipment necessary to fix that.

I was hoping that my woes would be over.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Bummer man. I feel your pain, every day there is an even bigger puddle under the 4runner. It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Bummer man. I feel your pain, every day there is an even bigger puddle under the 4runner. It is the gift that keeps on giving.
    I saw the photo. I haven't done my water pump either so I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be coming soon.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Good news! Someone knock on wood for me.

Hopefully none of you were watching something NSFW and now won't have any more kids....

Anyhooo, the shop did a good job on the clutch fork and it feels great. I went through my exhaust shims and found the exhaust tick I had. Unfortunately the exhaust tick was covering up some faint intake ticks.....

Not sure if they're worth going after till it warms up. They are very faint but I know a tick when I hear one!

I've got exhaust parts sitting in the shed. Hopefully the roar will be gone soon and I have a battery cage coming to me since mine loves to shift about all the time.

I have two dash cams to install! A $1500 hit and run was done on my wife's car so next time....I won't be paying for anything.

I should be ordering some bushings for the rear links here in the next couple of weeks. When I talked to the shop they were happy to offer their press up for service lol. I should really do all of the bushings but I don't feel like pulling my arms at the moment and she still holds an alignment.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

All is well in Candyland again. The tick is gone, clutch fork is replaced, and once again I am plagued by only a seeping steering system lol.

I am going to be trying to build my exhaust today or at least part of it. I can't exactly replace it all in one day but at least I can get started.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I purchased some of this stuff:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The land cruiser guys swear by it. I had a pretty bad leak on the driver's side of the rack. I figured it wasn't much to give it a try before replacing either the seals or the rack itself. So far, it's worked! I haven't driven very much with it in, but it has no longer stained the driveway.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast