Thread: Multicam Seat Covers

Multicam Seat Covers

C'mon guys, talk me out of buying Multicam seat covers! Crye Multicam has been a favorite pattern of mine for quite some time now.. and now I just noticed I can get seat covers made in the pattern!

Anyone at work who rides with me to get lunch is bound to give me crap, aka redneck jokes, since I'm from Georgia... but it's really tempting. Might not look that bad in the tan interior of the Runner.

http://www.coverking.com/custom-seat.../multicam.html

Don't... Just don't... Maybe it's the Marine in me, and my hatred (envy) for the Army's velcro multicam utilities, but don't go multicam. In fact just stay away from camo seat covers. I wear cammis day in and day out and it's the last thing I want to see when I get off of work for the day. (Unless I'm hunting of course.) if you like the tactical look, get those ballistic canvas seats that have the Molle webbing on the back with all of the accessories and pockets that can be attached. (Hey, you said to talk you out of it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

That is true, I did say talk me out of it. [Non-important-for-the-record: I was a fan, and had bought Crye MC, before the Army started using it.]

I dunno if it's the GA in me or what, but I have a softspot for military style camo patterns.

(Side note, BattleWagon you'll hate the keyboard I almost bought: http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestou...rds=filco+camo )

Haha... You said you ALMOST bought it, so no harm no foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

I'm glad there's a lot of almost in this thread. I second the molle webbing. The amount of little packs to organize whatever is so expansive now because of the war that they are decently priced and well made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 02-02-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I like the seat covers but to give you some perspective I just bought a whole new driver seat for $100

Good point.

My seats are in really good condition...except for 2 things. The driver side is ripping in the usual wear spot from getting in and out (reason I was looking at covers). Plus the rails are rusted where they bolt to the floor on the driver seat & somewhat on the passenger seat. Which is enough that metal has chipped away and the plastic covers won't snap into place and stay.

So, if I could find some in really good shape locally that'd be awesome, but I don't see it happenin'. And who knows how much shipping would costs on seats. :/

Cross post from my carpet replacement thread in the 3rd gen sub..

Got some samples from CoverKing in the mail today. I requested their taupe color 'Spacer Mesh', and their saddle blanket in black and tan. The taupe didn't really match any of the shades of the carpet samples I got, but the saddle blanket I actually like when compared against that far right carpet sample. http://www.coverking.com/custom-seat...eat-cover.html

This is something I might actually do for seat covers vs the multicam.

To each their own, I am not a fan of the saddle blanket look.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    To each their own, I am not a fan of the saddle blanket look.
    I just wanna be a cowboy.