Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aussie in the Front - Question

Re: Aussie in the Front - Question

Why is selectable better? Because you pick when it is locked. In a steering axle this is UBER important.

To generously practice what your life will be like driving in 4wd with a front locker, make every other turn that you want to. It sucks.

This means the trucks plows ahead when you want to turn, it means tight manuevers in 4wd can be kissed good bye.

Get a selectable front, your axles and the chance to steer will thank you.

Further, an LSD gives you only half the benefit of a front locker and all the drawbacks of crappy steering. A wheeling buddy used to have a TT, it worked well half the time. The other half we were aggravated. I traded a rear TT for an ARB. Currently another buddy is doing the same. There are selectable lockers and then there is everything else.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by 91ToyTrck
    Robinhood - What are you selling? If it's not to far out of my price range then I might be interested. I can check back here or PM me. I'm on almost all night at work. I just check in from time to time.

I do have manual hubs stock on my truck.
    Here you go.

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...26&topic=220.0
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I still kick myself for not buying that when you lived so close.
    My signature

I would love to purchase an ARB, but I don't need 5.29s and I already have manual hubs factory. Wouldn't I just have to swap assemblies? Any chance of seperating? I might be interested.

Wouldn't it be better to have a locker in the rear vs front? If you could only afford one at thee time.

Anyone know any other great deals on selectable lockers new or used?
    &#039;91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

I have a Tru Trac up front and it was a good deal at $100.00 However if I had payed full price and install it would have been an absolute waste of money.

An LSD does not help you do anything more difficult, it only makes doing what your truck would have done easier.

The TT is right up there with my 4.56 gears, a stupid, expensive new guy mistake.

Score an e-locker for the rear or wait on an Aussie and an ARB up front...or just stay open up front, you will be very impressed with what a locked axle can do.

Old thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12