Are you prepared the for the worst (SHTF) scenario at a moments notice? I know many of us have prepared emergency bags at home (I hope) but how many of us have done something similar for each of our vehicles?

I've been cleaning out my place over the last week trying to figure out how to best prepare for the worst and it dawned on me that I didn't have anything prepared for any of my vehicles. (doh) At home I have a pairs of emergency day bags, 1-3day backpacks and a 7-10 day bags/luggage but nothing for my vehicles. Not sure how I can possibly overlook this considering I feel that I'm super prepared but apparently that wasn't the case. I know this should have been one of my top priorities since I'm always on the road driving but surprisingly I guess my focus on getting prepared was too narrow in thinking that I'd be home when bad stuff happens. Unfortunately when bad stuff happen you might not be home so having supplies with you nearby might be a life saver.

With that in mind I thought I'd try to share what I've started to build in my Land Cruiser. It's not much but here's a good start. Hopefully you guys can help expand the listing and create a monster list! The good thing about having a vehicle specific emergency bag is that you can literally cram a bunch of stuff throughout the cabin and spread your junk so long as you remember where everything is!

Emergency Bag - to cram everything in.

• First Aid
  • Petroleum Jelly (multi purpose for first aid and also fire starter)
  • CPR Face Shield (Not necessary but cool to have)
  • 3x 1L Water (note that if you live in warm/hot weather, the plastic water bottles will degrade due to the heat so find other alternatives)
  • Empty Hydration Bag (i.e. camelback insert only)
  • Snack (Energy Bars/Caffeine Candy - These are great to consume during long commutes)
  • Knives/Multitool - Assorted
  • Pepper Spray
  • Flashlight(s) - Assorted sizes (2) and headlamps (3)
  • Extra Batteries!!!
  • Duck Tape
  • Fire Start Device / Matches / tinder (don't buy tinder but use your dryer lint after each load! Just sandwich bag em and you're good - or cotton balls would work too)
  • FRS Radio (Why I still keep these I dunno but I have em so I figure I'll keep em)
  • 2x Handheld Ham Radios
  • 1x Handheld CB Radio
  • Thermal Blanket (One of those thin foil ones)
  • Baby wipes
  • Whistle

Tool Bags(I'm assuming many of us carry this for onroad/offroad repairs)
  • wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers etc
  • Zip Ties (A bunch - everyone needs this!)
  • latex gloves

Other stuff I have lying around
  • Pair of hiking boots
  • Fleece Blanket (always nice to have)
  • Trash/grocery/produce bags - Having a bunch of these are always great!
  • Pen / Paper - you never know when you need it
  • Umbrella (I know it doesn't rain in LA but I've always felt the need to have one)
  • Mobile Ham Radio
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Baby wipes
  • 2x Flashlights
  • Tissue
  • 2x ratchet strap
  • Fridge - great for grocery runs! (ice cream!)

Things that I think I need to add to the above list:

• Toilet Paper (though I do have baby wipes so... hmm)
  • Clothing (Pants/Shirt/Jacket/Sweater/Gloves/Beanie/Hat/Socks)
  • Food? Not sure how to really store this. I suppose in the fridge but I prefer not to.
  • Recovery bag - i.e. snatch block/straps, d rings, synthetic ropes

If you have little ones I'm assuming you already have either a diaper bag and/or kid bag you bring with you at all times so that should suffice right?

Thoughts, suggestions?