Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spare Fluids

I never have been able to get my 3rd member to seal. I'll have to pull the axle this spring and try again.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

My 3rd doesn't seal worth a darn. It doesn't drip but every so often, maybe around oil change time, it's a little damp.

I saw a trip report recently where a guy used RTV to seal up a gashed sidewall. I think it was a larger tire than what I run but he said he drove back home at freeway speeds after a couple of days on the trail. I had a giant chocolate chip cookie sized flap on one of my BFG's once and I JB welded it back. Held for a couple of years before I had to replace them due to tread wear.

Mine is up to a couple drops per day. It was half a quart low, but its been a while since I filled it last.

I've used rtv to replace the IAC oring gasket before, when I found the old one torn. I've since replaced with the OEM part. In fact, there is about an entire tube of rtv sealing up my air intake for the snorkel. Also makes a great adhesive for emblems.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

You guys should try some hondabonda. Its not exactly cheap, but it never truly drys-therefore no leaks. We use it all the time to seal case halves together for bikes, quads and such as they actually dont use gaskets on yamabombs.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Meant to post this up sooner, but since I am using it right now, seemed like as good a time as any.

My vehicle checklist (basically what I carry in my vehicle for a trip, and generally all day, every day):

Green highlighted items are items that were not in the box. This is either because they got put in another place, or they are missing entirely. They get checked off as they are put back in the correct box. Stuff crossed out is deemed not necessary at this time.

You can see the extensive set of "fix it stuffs" and spare parts.

On the back side, is my preflight:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234