Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Monstaliner Twist

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    It would probably be easier to find the standard SR5 flares. They look like the Limited flares only they lack the door cladding (like mine).
    I was looking for those but they are a little on the rare side. I found the last two lower pieces I needed yesterday and scored some mustang gt rear calipers for cheap.

The lower pieces are going to take some work as people hit them with their feet getting in and out. Should have them done today though.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I've only ever come across a few in the junkyards, and they are usually very torn up from whatever impact sent the vehicle there.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Apparently the limited flares also have self destructing clips from what I've read.

If I do them, I will probably glue them on. This way, if I hit em hard enough, they will just fall off instead of taking the whole fender with it.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Apparently the limited flares also have self destructing clips from what I've read.
    They are made out of polyurethane. They are tough but not indestructable. The clips have more strength to them than you would think. I see many limited fairings that are unusable because you can't get them off. The clips are also square so....if you do want to use them the drill hole has to be perfect or you are an absolute artist with a dremel. I ended up using lots of 3m tape and a few bolts to attach everything.

stamped and snail mailed
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Clearly you guys aren't familiar with the Harbor Freight drill bit that drills a square hole. It's part of the multi-tool set that also includes a meat thermometer, pregnancy tester and e-bible, all-in-one.

Awesome.

I had a girl friend in high school and her Dad was a woodworker. He had a tool that would drill squares but it was more of a round drill inside of a square chisel. The tool was similar to a drill press. As you advanced the drill it would cut within the boundaries that the square chisel was allowing resulting in a square hole.

Mortiser. They are pretty cool! great way to make square holes, especially for furniture.

For sheet metal, you can use something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121317178094?lpid=82

Requires a hole to be drilled, then, providing you have access to the backside of the sheet, you assemble this through the hole, crank it down (either with a screw or hydraulic ram) and it will punch the perfectly square hole.

Bit expensive, but if you are doing alot of square holes, it's the only way to go. If you need square holes in anything thicker than 16 gauge, you need to start looking at a broaching operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Mortiser. They are pretty cool! great way to make square holes, especially for furniture.

For sheet metal, you can use something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121317178094?lpid=82

Requires a hole to be drilled, then, providing you have access to the backside of the sheet, you assemble this through the hole, crank it down (either with a screw or hydraulic ram) and it will punch the perfectly square hole.

Bit expensive, but if you are doing alot of square holes, it's the only way to go. If you need square holes in anything thicker than 16 gauge, you need to start looking at a broaching operation.
    I was looking into these and for most of the holes you could get access to the backside butthere are some where you do not have access to the backside......and there are other suitable methods for sticking these things on.

I am considering leaving the bottom piece out as I am planning sliders and I'm not shot in the head about drilling that far down on the body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast