Thread: Sound Deadening Review (Alpha Damp)

Cool Sound Deadening Review (Alpha Damp)

Not sure if anyone cares about road noise or rattling panels here but I got some stuff for my wife's car and I was pretty amazed at the difference it made. She has an 08 Scion XB and the roof has always annoyed the hell outta me when you close the doors. I got it on sale but just google it.

Application is easy enough. It's like a big sticker. I recommend using a wooden roller to assist ensuring that there are no bubbles. I would start at the middle of the panel that is rattling and then work your way towards the edges till you've got the rattle solved. I wasted a good amount of this stuff before it clicked in my one horse brain that the rattling part of a panel is the middle of it. Make it heavier and it won't rattle so much.

This stuff doesn't "weigh" a whole lot but it is very very solid. Aluminum foil outer and rubber type middle which is typical for sound panels. Best part about it is that it comes in squares vs. a roll.

Results are nothing short of miraculous. I got the bigger pack and after I got the rattling roof solved I have enough left over to do the doors. I don't do big stereos anymore really but if you've got problems with rattling trunks and stuff this should be part of your solution. I didn't think the price was that bad on this stuff but then again I did get it on sale.

I have always thought the 4Runner was pretty quiet for what it is, but I know additional sound deadening would probably help even more. I will plan to do this if I ever pull any interior panels.