One of the stages at the Olympus Rally at the end of May in Shelton, WA is 27 miles long (which is pretty damn long) and the first run of it is at night, so it was a perfect excuse to spend a bit (but not much) on some more lighting. My aircraft spots work great for distance, but I've been wondering about the ebay LED light bars for awhile, so I got a 126W 20" wide bar to fit my bumper. The outer 12 LEDs are flood, the rest are spot. It supposedly uses Cree LEDs (but I haven't taken it apart yet to check) and it does have a polycarbonate lens. I like the bottom mounts because it means I could melt on some light tabs that could be reused for other type lights if I change my mind later. Cost was just over $100. I might take it apart before the rally just to make sure it's sealed properly and that there's enough thermal paste in there (hybrid controller recall at work means there's a ton of quality paste to be had for free)

For now, I've disconnected the aircraft spot beams and am using that bit of harness for the LEDs. That way, I can have the LEDs switched separately or linked to come on/off with the high beams.

OK, the lightbar is bright, but as you'll see from the beam shots, NOT something I would use in fog or dust - it projects all over the place and would give a lot of glare. I think it'll be better for side and middle range lighting, the aircraft spots are staying for distance. I tried to get some road-side shots, but they didn't turn out good at all. Here are some beam pattern shots for comparison

low beam Hella E-Code conversion housing

high beam Hella E-Code conversion housing

20" Ebay LED bar

(2x) 100w / 100k CP aircraft spots